The Good Life - At night, all of the town's residents turn into cats.

Yeah, he’s probably a swell guy. Hope he gets his one and a half mil.

I mean his games are, he’s pretty weird and tries fun, imaginative stuff.

I knew what you meant. I’m less impressed by his games, but was trying to keep things positive.

There also seems to be a version where all the residents turn into dogs… which is a recent addition to the pitch I think. Oddly, it is a completely different SKU – and takes 2 purchases to get both versions (or a bundle containing both versions)

Comparing dogs and cats is like comparing apples and oranges. His pricing scheme is justified.

Agreed.

So when do the townspeople sleep if they are roaming around as cats at night and presumably still producing economic output during the day?

Apples are objectively way better than oranges, so yes it is like comparing dogs and cats.

Maybe it’s like Murakami’s Town of Cats where the cats run the town at night?

“In fact, this is a town of cats. When the sun starts to go down, many cats come trooping across the bridge—cats of all different kinds and colors. They are much larger than ordinary cats, but they are still cats. The young man is shocked by this sight. He rushes into the bell tower in the center of town and climbs to the top to hide. The cats go about their business, raising the shop shutters or seating themselves at their desks to start their day’s work. Soon, more cats come, crossing the bridge into town like the others. They enter the shops to buy things or go to the town hall to handle administrative matters or eat a meal at the hotel restaurant or drink beer at the tavern and sing lively cat songs. Because cats can see in the dark, they need almost no lights, but that particular night the glow of the full moon floods the town, enabling the young man to see every detail from his perch in the bell tower. When dawn approaches, the cats finish their work, close up the shops, and swarm back across the bridge.”

Bitch I will cut you

+1

Oh it says my post must be at least 5 characters have I tried the heart button IT IS FUCKING DISABLED THANKS TO YOU FASCIST APES

Didn’t know Murakami was a furry.

So, this is back, with a Kickstarter, now targeting Nov 2019 release.

SWERY mentioned when the Fig campaign closed that they were going to re-evaluate and try again. It looks like he used the quantity pledged on Fig to get some other investors interested. His new minimum target is approximately what was pledged on the Fig campaign, so it sounds like his other investors said “okay, if you can bring that much money to the table, we will fill in the remainder”.

It’s a debt-repayment daily life action adventure! I like the pseudo-papercraft looking style, and it really does look charming and I hope it’s able to exist. They look like they’re probably on track to make their target this time.

I’m thinking they may have to rename this in the UK. Doubt the BBC will take kindly to it.

Let me guess. It’s a sitcom about a church minister in a small town?

Nah, it’s about a couple trying to live off the land in suburbia (about 10 minutes drive from where I grew up, actually). And their archetypal stockbroker commuter neighbours. Starring several national treasures. It’s probably in the top 10 most beloved UK TV shows of all time.

So, this is ending in a couple of days. They’ve released a prototype demo, which is where I assume where the animations and screenshots were generated from.

It’s possible they can squeeze by in the last couple days, but it looks like this probably won’t get funded, which is really too bad. I wonder if most of their previous support came from Japan, because the updates and project page have been pretty consistently clearly Japanese-centric (even funding in yen rather than dollars). Some of that makes sense for a Japanese studio, but I have to imagine that the Kickstarter audience is mostly English-speaking, and that may have hurt their chances.

Even so, it seems they did a fair job of doing press, things like a reddit AMA and getting placement on Kickstarter (a “Project we Love”), so it seems they’re doing an ok job with trying to publicize the project, I guess it might just be a hard sell in general, especially with the appearance of double dipping on their failed previous campaign.

That crazy bastard did it. It got funded.

I hadn’t been keeping track but after @CLWheeljack being all doom and gloom I took a look and they only had like 10% of the target left, with the usual pattern being 20% or more of total take coming in on the last two days (which Kicktraq doesn’t seem to take into account), so I was pretty confident it would happen. That Switch version stretch goal, though…

Nice!

I hadn’t meant to be doom and gloomy per se, I’ve been away from Kickstarter for a while and wasn’t sure how the trends usually go. Like, I know there’s usually a last minute bump, but thought 20% might be a bit too much to cover. I also know there’s usually a post-100% bump as people who have held off pledging until they know that they’ll get something kick in.

I’m pleased as punch that this was funded.

Definitely. I want everything Swery wants to make.