The Good Life - At night, all of the town's residents turn into cats.

I’m thinking they may have to rename this in the UK. Doubt the BBC will take kindly to it.

Let me guess. It’s a sitcom about a church minister in a small town?

Nah, it’s about a couple trying to live off the land in suburbia (about 10 minutes drive from where I grew up, actually). And their archetypal stockbroker commuter neighbours. Starring several national treasures. It’s probably in the top 10 most beloved UK TV shows of all time.

So, this is ending in a couple of days. They’ve released a prototype demo, which is where I assume where the animations and screenshots were generated from.

It’s possible they can squeeze by in the last couple days, but it looks like this probably won’t get funded, which is really too bad. I wonder if most of their previous support came from Japan, because the updates and project page have been pretty consistently clearly Japanese-centric (even funding in yen rather than dollars). Some of that makes sense for a Japanese studio, but I have to imagine that the Kickstarter audience is mostly English-speaking, and that may have hurt their chances.

Even so, it seems they did a fair job of doing press, things like a reddit AMA and getting placement on Kickstarter (a “Project we Love”), so it seems they’re doing an ok job with trying to publicize the project, I guess it might just be a hard sell in general, especially with the appearance of double dipping on their failed previous campaign.

That crazy bastard did it. It got funded.

I hadn’t been keeping track but after @CLWheeljack being all doom and gloom I took a look and they only had like 10% of the target left, with the usual pattern being 20% or more of total take coming in on the last two days (which Kicktraq doesn’t seem to take into account), so I was pretty confident it would happen. That Switch version stretch goal, though…

Nice!

I hadn’t meant to be doom and gloomy per se, I’ve been away from Kickstarter for a while and wasn’t sure how the trends usually go. Like, I know there’s usually a last minute bump, but thought 20% might be a bit too much to cover. I also know there’s usually a post-100% bump as people who have held off pledging until they know that they’ll get something kick in.

I’m pleased as punch that this was funded.

Definitely. I want everything Swery wants to make.