The Good Place...

Two I think.

One more.

Wait what. This season just started.

Only 13 episodes a season - and that’s 13 “30 minute” episodes. So those hour long episodes actually count for two. This upcoming week is ‘Chapter 39’, thus, it’s the season ender.

Accordingly to my UK Netflix there have been 11 “30 minute” episodes thus far, so there’s two more episodes?

Are they broadcasting them as hour long episodes or something?

There are only 12 this season.

But what if there really are 13 episodes and they are only going to show us 12?

trevor-noogie

The premiere was two 30 minute episodes stitched together. Some databases count that as one episode, some as two.

Ohh, you’re rirght, that’s why I’m confused. The premiere was two eps, I keep forgetting that.

Eleven “30 minute” episodes might mean that they’re one episode behind what we saw on Thursday here in the U.S. Did they have the time knife episode over there yet? That was the 12th “30 minute” episode here.

10 20 minutes episodes, 1 40 minutes season opener on my Netflix (Portugal). Chidi saw the time knife. :D

Ahh. Ok. Thanks. This makes sense now. The first episode on Netflix is a 44m one, so they list “Chidi Sees the Time-Knief” as episode 11. Which annoyingly means there’s a single episode left… I don’t like watching this show in a single 22m burst, so I watched 10 and 11 as I thought there would be a 12 and 13, but now it’s just a single 22m episode left… It’ll have to do!

If you haven’t listened to the latest podcast, I’d highly recommend it. Jason Mantzoukas - who plays Derek - is the guest host for this episode, so that Marc Evan Jackson could be a regular guest for once.

If you’re familiar with Mantzoukas from other podcasts, it goes pretty much how you’d expect. At one point Marc Evan Jackson notes, “I was concerned that this wouldn’t be different enough from how I host the show.”

Thanks for the heads up. Should I listen to a non Zouk episode first so I have a baseline?

Ideally, all of them :) but no, it should be fun enough on its own. It’s the official NBC podcast so there’s no swearing, but there is a definite uptick in the amount of penis-related content.

I just finished this episode. SO Great.

Start at the beginning. Seriously.

I was planning to save listening to the podcast from the beginning for when I rewatch the show, as my memory of the first season in particular is pretty rusty. And my podcast backlog is bad enough as it is.

They do a good job of recapping the show, so I found rewatching isn’t needed.

For this sort of stuff I always prefer to do it with the show/movie fresh in my mind, even if they do a good recap (like the Flop House, say).

I think you’re on the right track - wait until you re-watch, the podcast episodes aren’t going anywhere, and they really add to the experience of a re-watch because you get some fun inside anecdotes and interviews with some terrific people, and you’ll almost always get more out of the episode after the fact for the cool details you likely missed (or didn’t know about).