The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

Yeah that’s unfortunate. I had a couple from my game night divorce. I felt like I needed to choose her because well she was my co-worker, but when I changed jobs I wound up not staying in touch much with her because he was the bigger gamer.

Don’t kick yourself too bad on that one. Even if you do things perfectly it’s usually awkward for all.

Hate groups aren’t illegal, because freedom.

Maybe not illegal, but the government does make a list of them. To what purpose I wonder?

And come on, would you stop at a little technicality like that with the GOP or MAGA hats. :)

Big surprise that one nay is major Trump asslicker and notorious meathead Jimmy Jordan. Great job, Jimmy!

Was Nunes a no show or did he vote Yes? I am surprised he wouldn’t vote how Trump told him to vote.

Good question – I would bet no show.

That would be my guess.

This is a great point.

Hmm, appears that even cuckboy Nunes voted yes. If people like Jimmy Jordan were capable of shame, he should be ashamed.

And if these left wing ideas include taking children from their parents and putting them in re-education camps or whatever, I’d say those comparisons are justified. Because that’s the policy you are supporting if you are wearing a MAGA hat today, tearing up families and interning children in camps. And if that’s not proto-nazism, I don’t know what would be.

The Prevent Programme I mentioned is special schools and/or classes, not “camps” and are the product of a right wing govt.

It seems this is only ok if they are radicalised extremists and brown and Muslim. If they are white Christian kids they will be defended and apologised for.

Edit: in the UK Prevent is called Islamophobic and racist by the Left, and recently a third of referrals were for far right extremism so it’s not an exact mirror or perfect comparison with the USA

A question with such an obvious answer and you instead base your answer on prejudice and preconceptions.

MAGA hat wearers at least pretend to respect the rule of law and achieve their goals through democratic means. ISIS flag wearers do not.

The whole comparison was a dishonest attempt to get people like you to blindly chant racism and it worked.

QT3 rhetoric sometimes does remind me of some of the books I’ve read on communist China. It’s not remotely the same, I don’t think QT3 posters are morally equivalent to Maoists. But that is part of why I push back at some of the more grouphatethink and cause justifies means thinking I see.

Victimisation by the liberal media is a conservative cause Celebre. That is what this is about now. The Trumpaloos are going to weaponise the fuck out of this because it’s an isolated example of liberal malfeasance that can be made to look way worse than it was and to pretend that this is happening all the time.

I have no idea how you fight that. The media getting a bit overexcited and jumping to condemnation is a structural thing. The world would be a better place if that didn’t happen but to say that is the big problem here would be victim blaming just as much as blaming the admittedly very hatable Covington kids for the media scrum.

The big problem is a media machine on the right dedicated to setting up a Manichaean conflict and painting you all as the bad guys who want to destroy motherhood and apple pie.

So we’ve all got to denounce that for what it is. But at the end of the day the Covington kids are a trap, and every minute we spend criticising them instead of Trump or Fox or the GOP is us falling into it.

The difference between ISIS and MAGA is MAGA haven’t killed as many brown babies, yet

It’s hard to believe these are consecutive posts. You don’t like comparisons between MAGA hats and ISIS flags because you think they imply a moral equivalency that doesn’t exist, but you do compare QT3 posters to Maoists even though you don’t think they’re morally equivalent. That’s…very clear.

ISIS is entirely based around rule of law. Sharia. That’s the problem.

The US right wing Dominionists are close behind them though.