The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

Wohl is absolute proof that if you are a white kid with rich parents, it is effectively impossible to fail, no matter how stupid you are.

For those that don’t know, the Michigan AG is a Democrat and has no shits left to give. She’s gonna murder those two in court.

Good.

The whole reason I bring this up, is because it was really jarring to hear that Proud Boy was white supremacy group, Mika on Morning Joe did it again today, and then see the leader is black man. It gives ammunition to the Republican claim of fake news.

Here is the first sentence from Wikipedia on the Proud Boys." The Proud Boys are a far-right,[1][2] white nationalist,[3] and neo-fascist[4][5][6][7] male-only[8][9] organization that promotes and engages in political violence."

This sounds like a pretty awful organization, one which the President should be condemning. There is no need to add an additional adjective which is inaccurate.
While the difference between white nationalist and white supremacy is subtle they aren’t synonymous.

I guess I really should have posted this in the Mainstream Media thread, but since it only takes few seconds to check Wiki, it is annoying when the media doesn’t… Honestly, the key thing about them is they openly advocate violence which most hate groups don’t do.

What would you say those differences are?

What, like Trump wasn’t enough proof of this?

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white racial and national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation, or a “white ethnostate”.[5]

Analysts describe white nationalism as overlapping with white supremacism and white separatism.[6][4][7][8][9][10] White nationalism is sometimes described as a euphemism for, or subset of, white supremacism and the two have been used interchangeably by journalists and analysts.[8][11] White separatism is the pursuit of a “white-only state” while supremacism is the belief that white people are superior to nonwhites and should dominate them,[7][8][9] taking ideas from social Darwinism and Nazism.[12] White nationalists generally avoid the term “supremacy” because it has negative connotations.[13][14]

Yeah, that doesn’t help. I read that and think “all three of those types of people are racists.”

I don’t think you can suggest that it’s important to have a “white ethnostate” in the US without inherently believing that everyone else is inferior.

Well, that was my takeaway. And my point. You win! :)

I agree both are racist. I think the primary difference is that a white nationalist group can have a black leader and a white supremacy group wouldn’t. But most of all you don’t want to get bogged down in a semantic argument with Proud Boys who claim they aren’t a white supremacist group. Because it distracts from the main point they openly advocate violence, unlike Antifa which doesn’t.

Jacob seems to have some concerns. Chin up, little warrior.

My feeling is that it’s not a discussion worth having, because it implies one or the other might have a point. Unless you’re getting down in the weeds with the analysis of fringe groups, I don’t think the alt-right needs to be parsed any more than wacko Christian fundamentalists, anti-vaxxers, or UFO nuts. I don’t care if someone thinks we’re being mind-controlled by lizard people or greys. They can have that discussion among themselves. They’re all nuts who don’t deserve a voice in the political discourse.

-Tom

Yep, coming from the Michigan AG, he knows he’s in deep shit.

Here’s are the charges against open fly guy. I assume they are identical for Whol.

I’m very excited to see Jacob Wohl bawl his eyes out in court when he’s charged.

I’m saving that excitement for Trump. OTOH I have schadenfreude for fucking days.

Re: whether or not the Proud Boys are ackshual white supremacists, I think they decided it for themselves when they took Trump’s statement, made in response to a question about white supremacists, as a direct call to action.

But yeah, the racists and the fascists have congealed into the same mass of people. They’re happy to have each other’s support. So whether the terms are a hundred percent correct for every subgroup, they get to share and own all of them.

Well said, Tom.

I initially considered appending this to post with the charging documents to express my feelings.

fark_DQvrkJbRl3BQzIG3o_ZedzUjg7c