The GOP is still morally corrupt, even if Discourse breaks

Yeah, she’s gone full MAGA. It’s pretty gross.

When she speaks I can only see Trump’s hand rammed up her sock puppet ass spewing his bullshit.

[…]more than a dozen major donations to the 2020 Santos campaign for which the name or the address of the donor cannot be confirmed, a Mother Jones investigation found. A separate $2,800 donation was attributed in Santos’ reports filed with the Federal Election Commission to a friend of Santos who says he did not give the money.

Under federal campaign finance law, it is illegal to donate money using a false name or the name of someone else.

[…]the Justice Department asked the FEC to hold off on any enforcement action against Santos, according to the Washington Post—a sign the feds are proceeding with their investigation of Santos.

Dude is just gay Trump without Trump’s dad’s money. Although I’d wager confidently that DJT is a bigger liar and a far more relentless criminal.

Still, decent effort, Santos.

Isn’t Matt Gaetz also gay Trump?

Gaetz is probably more Bi Trump.

Eh, that’s a bit of a stretch. What they mean is that some survey found that 30% of rank and file Republican voters picked him to as their choice to be the RNC chair. But (just as with Dems) most average Republican voters have no clue what the RNC chair is, or who most of the candidates are, including the incumbent. So they go with what they know, in this case the guy from the commercials.

In the actual RNC leadership election (which happened yesterday,) Ronna McDaniel won re-election easily, with 111 votes. Lindell got 4.

All of the RNC candidates toed the “the 2020 election needed recounts” line, though, which is the real concerning point. Just as the real concerning point about the GOP isn’t that it still has Trump farting around in it, but that rather that the party has become uniformly authoritarian. The Lincoln Project is wasting its time by still fixating on Trump, where the situation would be even worse if he vanished tomorrow. (Because then the GOP would be just as evil, but be somewhat more competent without derpy around.)

EDIT: Hmmm. Unless The Lincoln Project is playing the long game, intentionally hyping up Trump in an effort to keep derpy around, to widen the schism in the the party and prevent it from coalescing behind DeSantis.In which case, well-played. But based on their whole approach, my gut tells me they still believe that getting rid of Trump will somehow cure the party.

Rhonda McWhoreface is trash

Oh, the GOP is proposing raising taxes on everyone… Anything to avoid taxing the rich.

Same old shit different day from these assholes.

The national sales tax strategy so that the “looters” (who make so little that they don’t have to pay federal income tax) “contribute”* is r… I mean utterly stupid. All so Chip Moneybucks IV can pay no income tax whatsoever, ideally.

*as if plenty of them don’t contribute enough already by working crappy jobs for which they’re horribly underpaid. Or not paid at all because the labor is traditionally unpaid in any way-- taking care of family members (children/elderly).

Relevant video on the topic

Who pays the highest taxes? Well not the rich. Once you factor in payroll and consumption taxes the poor pay as much as those in the highest income brackets, and way more than those whose income is primarily capital gains, meaning the really rich.

Timex, I would love to see your substantive comments instead of empty, misogynistic ones.

That’s fair. I think the fact that she dropped the “Romney” from her name because that particular family had become controversial for the party is all the substance that matters with her.

The party went full Trumpism under her watch and direction. Why that makes her a trash person should be obvious – as obvious as it is for Matt Gaetz, Jim Jordan, Marjorie Taylor Green, etc. The particulars of their genitalia doesn’t really matter.

If someone says that DeSantis is a dickhead I think we all know that it’s shorthand for all his awful policies. Same with McDaniel. But here’s a few:

• She went all-in on claims of election fraud in 2020, undermining our democracy because she thought it was a winning move and she is all-in for Trump. Power over principles.
  • She orchestrated a censure of Republicans who sat on the Jan 6 committee because she is, in fact, a piece of shit.
  • At the behest of Trump, she helped organized a fake set of electors.
  • And in a petty demonstration of what a shithead she is, she was fond of publicly mocking Fetterman’s speech issues after his stroke.

That’s just a few examples, the list goes on and on. In @Timex’s cause, I think his autocorrect just condensed all that shit into McWhoreface.

Consider the ‘like’ button clicked.

Generally I think men should avoid calling women whores. Call me crazy woke.

Seconded. I’m not defending the woman in question who does she terrible but we don’t need to turn to insults that reinforce outdated gender stereotypes of “proper” sexual behavior .

Especially since, as documented throughout this thread, the GOP has had a political power for sale sign up for a LONG time…