The Great Like Experiment of 2017

My fever is down to 100.6 now, and I had to come to the PC to help my kid with his homework. But rest assured I’ll go back to the couch as soon as I can. ;)

Can we have the leaderboard back at least? I like to look at it every so often.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/u?period=all

:P

Aw hell yeah!

Ah well, I guess You Go Girl is sticking around. Anyone with artistic ability needs to start making the dankest memes around it that they can.

Sigh.

Bad Armando, BAD!

Some fun statistics -

302 people gave at least one like.
Of the people that gave a like, 113 individuals gave more than 10 likes. 58 individuals gave only 1 like, while 17 individuals gave at least 100 likes. The average number of likes given by people who gave likes was 27.3

Obviously, there are a lot of ways to look at the information, so I won’t make any claims about the data itself.

I tried to get all the liking out of my system. It didn’t work!

I’m sorry it’s gone the way it has, and I believe that the end result was very predictable. I can say that although I have no intention of making any “You Go Girl!” posts in protest, I fully intend to state that I like posts when that happens, with little to no other commentary. It’s what I did on occasion before this experiment, and I won’t stop. Feel free to ignore them if content-free approval posts are not your thing.

I never thought “You Go Girl” was in protest, merely a funny replacement. Am I mistaken?

Or forgetful!

After the first couple of posts, I found them very annoying.

Nah man, that’s all they’ve been when I used them.

Props to whomever pulled the Hugo Weaving one!

Because you hate fun ;)

I guess I hate fun too, 'cause they annoy me as well.

That was the best one!

There are two kinds of people in this world…
People who like likes, and people who take likes too seriously.

Do you also hate Nintendo? Because if you do, I must diagnose your case of funhatitis as well. Otherwise you’re probably fine, merely grumpy.

I didn’t mind creative GIFs and whatnot, at least when the same one isn’t repeatedly used. It’s the content-free posts saying YGG and nothing more that annoyed me.

I’m constantly grumpy, that’s true. When I’m not grumpy it makes the wife nervous. Nintendo is cool in my book.