The Great Like Experiment of 2017

I like you.

https://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2014/02/Banzai-Shenzi-The-Lion-King-Mufasa.gif

And I know you get the reference Dive, as you have small kids of your own.

Well, I think we should have LICKS instead of LIKES.

I lick you.

You go GAH…he licked me. EW. OH GOD…

I support permanently adding likes, please!

That ship sailed, man.

Can someone just lock this thread, take it out back and shoot it in the head, please? It’s done, let it be done.

It’ll die a natural death eventually. People want to express their existential angst, and this gives them a place to do it.

No, it should stay here as a reminder of your similarities and differences, and as a cautionary tale against the dangers of liking stuff. And also as a safe harbor for some red-herring-filled e-peen contest from time to time.

Also, you go girl.

See this post for Tom’s comments on the decision:

So I unfollowed this thread ages ago, but today I had the desire to LIKE something and then thought “hey what happened with that”. Boo to no likes!

(Still, the thread after Tom’s decision is a mess of missing posts, but I’m glad to see that @sinnick is fighting the good fight re: the back button. I gave up on that one the last time a set of posts got forked out into their own thread.)

Sure but could Tom or someone at least post the “result” in a new and separate announcement thread, maybe? I imagine a lot of people untracked this thread when it because pointless arguing and gifs.

Not petty at all – these likes would stick around forever for no reason, and new people would arrive, see evidence of them (it’s impossible to hide every single place they occur in the UI), and wonder what they’re about. Furthermore the /top page and /users page would be permanently sorted by the old likes cast. Because it’s not like they’re changing… ever. I see that @Wendelius explained it.

They do forward the conversation, just not in ways you or @tomchick are willing to acknowledge, or understand.

Hey dad. To me, more is more.

Regardless, we can close the book on this experiment – I stand by how it was conducted, which was quite fair and community friendly, even if the outcome was … unfortunate.

All likes removed so there’s no old weird data hanging around.

Huh. There are still some likes on some people when I go to the User page.

As I quoted and acknowledged above. And apologized for putting that way. To you directly. As I’m sure you know. Since I @-ed you on it.

But thanks again for showing how gracious you can be in a conversation like this.

This is the opposite of reality.

Regardless…

Done and done.

-xtien

Seeing this thread constantly bumped…

I have a screen shot of the top twelve user likes. For a small donation I will PM it to anyone needing an ego boost.