The Great Like Experiment of 2017

I’m Kadath Dreamfire and I approve of and endorse liked posts.

I also poo-poo the straw men arguments put forth about how likes might be abused or change the Q23 culture. My experience with other large scale fora indicates those concerns are vastly overblown.

Wait… Your pseudonym’s last name is “Dreamfire”? And I thought my D&D characters’ were lazy clichés. 😜

Listen when you’re at the character creation screen you just wanna play. The Mercedes Lackey / Tracy Hickman one read in their youth just bubbles up during those moments. :)

I’m Divedivedive Doscervezasporfavor (that’s right, I roleplay Hispanic. What of it?) and you have my axe. Give it back, dammit!

ARMANDO PENBLADE FINDS YOUR APPROPRIATION OF HIS NATIVE CULTURE DEEPLY INSULTING

*twirls elaborate mustache*

Fortunately Divedivedive Zweibiersbitte is nothing if not flexible. And thirsty.

I’m Stusser von Drizzt. Represent, yo.

I’m Rhamoriminaï Lekatariba Lamina-Tchaï Ekbat De Sebat, but you can call me rhamorim.

Craigchulain finds this turn entirely confusing.

Fishbreath smash.

I guess my username’s last name is an exclamation point.

My actual name is Firstname Middleinitial Firstletteroflastname. Phear me.

I thought your Firstname was Richard?

That’s what I wanted you to think.

I would like an “only likes this ironically” button. Suggested icon is a fedora.

Firstinitial Middleinitial Lastname laughs at your backwardness.

I really feel like I’ve never seen the forum so active*. I don’t think it’s down to the likes, but anyone suggesting that the forum is a deadsville now is on drugs.

*I wasn’t here in the super heyday when all kinds of people still used forums on the daily. So I mean in the last several years or thereabouts, which is about as long as my memory goes now.

Ah but what people really want to know is why do you use “Middleinitial” and then use “Firstletteroflastname” instead of “Lastinitial” or “Finalinitial” ? Perhaps you could go with “Penultimatenameinitial” instead of “Middleinitial”? Its all so confusing!

Well, I don’t want to seem too… posh.