The Great Like Experiment of 2017

I agree.

I don’t see any compelling reason to limit them, honestly.

I think I’d be ok with likes if there were a neutral option, an “I have no opinion about this post.” I’d probably use that a lot.

“Tell my wife I said … hello.”

I’d be cool with this if you got one a day that way they don’t get used all willy-nilly; only if you like like a post. Naturally the icon would be that beautiful guy @WhollySchmidt posted up-thread.

(Slightly) more seriously I’m not really a fan. This place is great in part because it doesn’t have the instant gratification features of a Facebook or Twitter.

Does this have anything to do with Blondie potentially getting more likes than The Police?

Wait what? How is that possible?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

To be clear, I still hate Avatars, esp. since there doesn’t seem to be a way to deactivate them that I’ve found. It makes browsing at work marginally more fraught.

Yes, I realize how ridiculous that statement is. Deal ;-)

To steal an idea from above, make Likes a purchasable resource (using a forum-specific currency, of course). Then, give Like-recipients a 40% cut of the profits from their Likes. It’s like those camgirl sites, except here, we’re providing riveting games criticism instead of doing amoral things with healing crystals.

We should have a star system for posts, frankly. I hear that Netflix isn’t using theirs anymore; can we steal it?

2 stars.

There is a Blondie or Police thread over in Books, comics, tv, music. Be careful it seems to have stirred up some strong opinions.

One more than the joke really deserved. I don’t need your approval charity, @Telefrog!

1 star

How? The Police are CLEARLY superior to Blondie in nearly every metric. I have to check this out…

So you like the idea then. Huh, good to know.

I will not be baited.

I know this guy who wrote this extension for this site. Maybe ask him? He’s really busy right now but maybe he can get to it.

If you did this, I’d PayPal you $5, straight up, yo. Then it would even be per browser, so home use was unaffected!

No money required. I’ll get to it eventually.

At some point I’ll build up enough good will that I’ll be able to drop by and you’ll feel obligated to cook for me… Mwaahahhahahahah my master plan continues…