The Great Youtube Demonetization Apocalypse

I think I’ll stick with the bath tub. I mean, Stusser is a solutioneer.

Do YOU have a solutioneering degree?

It’s fine, I busted my ass for years to get a advanced graduate degree in Solutioneering, then I come to a web forum and offer a solid-gold Solution pro bono, out of the beneficence of my heart, but if you want to listen to a rank amateur, that’s your call. I won’t be hurt. Offended maybe. But not hurt. Most laymen won’t understand the sterling value of a brilliant Solution until they cash that first fat check.

Subbed!

I’m most annoyed due to having my application put on hold for 6 weeks without them telling me the real reason why. They kept stringing me (and a bunch of other folks) along with promises to have the ‘backlog’ of applications processed by end of January. I would have handled my recent Youtube/Twitch time differently had i known what was really going to happen. Now i have to wait until 1000 subscribers to get access to certain features on the End Screen/Card tabs that are locked behind the Partner Program wall.

Well, my Youtube channel and any Youtube channel I will ever make is demonitized because I “violated” google adsense in 2007. I don’t even remember what for? I think my friend clicked on the ads on my websites a bunch one night because he thought that would help.

And they still monetize people who laugh about dead bodies on their channel.

Cool. Priorities straight.

Do you know that it is the same advertisers?

Oh wow, that’s beautiful and hypnotic. Thanks.
I may leave this running when I go to bed.

Seconded! What a nice find.

Not to completely derail (hah!) the thread, but I used to watch a video on Napflix which was a camera on a really elaborate model train set in an exhibition. It had some authentic sounding train noises mixed with the murmuring of people who had come to see the exhibit and was really good for drowning out the sales team who sit behind me at work when I need to focus on something.

Then that video was apparently taken down at source, (now the best thing on Napflix is Matthew McConaughey not drinking his coffee in the rain).

So I went to Youtube looking for something similar and found the real train driver’s channel. Then I fell into the ASMR rabbit hole for gems like 10 hours of rain on a Porsche and more obviously constructed stuff like a 10 hour flight in something akin to a B29.

White noise has never really worked for me at blocking out background sounds, but these all do a nice job. Plus if Lady Bismarck is ever having trouble getting to sleep I can just throw on a train video or the Porsche one and she’s out inside two minutes.

Sorry JM, I unsubscribed. Let me know once you get the bath tub vid up and I’ll re-sub. :D

You’ll know it’s up because of all the wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Yea I think the management of Youtube has been awful, like a bucket with watermelon sized holes and a blind guy with bat trying to plug them, but he keeps hitting the bucket instead. I realize Google has a challenging job but they signed up for it.

BRB, starting up a new YouTube channel.

Y’know, I’m sort of wondering what the cost would have been for Youtube of sending everyone their accumulated 12 bucks, or 50, or 99 bucks and calling it even. Y’know, whatever amount people have before that glorious 100 dollar mark. It’s not like they have to make a check, you could just transfer it to an account.

It’s still a miserable amount of money, but I have to say Youtube really undermines my confidence in the Internet. All this nonsense about bots flagging your content to someone else’s profit, sometimes for nebulous reasons, without any real possibility of appeal doesn’t help either.

Really makes you think twice about lowering that Adblock.

OK, I broke down and started a Patreon and have begun to demonetize my content on YouTube

Rear Admiral’s Club huh?

Where is the $1 , I am a cheap bastard tier, but will still toss you a buck?

I think you just hit the button and it should be a choice!

Thank ya!

Need more eyes? The answer is always dead rats

At that level, any news is good news.