The groundbreaking new Batman game!

Just so you guys know, I’m breaking the story here about Batman: Dark Tomorrow’s groundbreaking animations, which are intellectually stimulating. Check this out from the web site:

Groundbreaking stealth game animation incorporates intellectually stimulating detective elements, including tailing enemies, leaning against walls, and peeking around corners

Wicked cool! I hope more games will start to do this now that Dark Tomorrow has broken the ground!

-Tom

Wow, leaning against walls. I know it’s good to innovate and everything, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.

I also heard Trevor Chan of Seven Kingdoms fame has come up with some new kind of sim game. Until now we all we have had is the SimCity franchise. This one is Sim City in a restaurant. A RESTAURAUNT I tell you!!! Good thing he caught this “sim” thing early before everyone cloned it. I was afraid he was going to do another innovative and entertaining RTS.

While this Batman game has shattered some ground, broken other ground, and in some cases merely stomped on bits of ground, the “leaning against walls” element has recently had its particular ground re-broken with The Getaway, which allows you to heal by leaning against a wall. So let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Yet there is still plenty of groundbreaking to be done with slumping against street lamps, and sliding down bannisters.

Peeking around corners sounds really intellectually stimulating. Every time you approach a corner, you’ll think, Should I peek around? What if there is something there?

Damn.

Only if the peeking can be done in a nonlinear, dynamic way.

Yet there is still plenty of groundbreaking to be done with slumping against street lamps, and sliding down bannisters.

No fucking way! How cool would that be? Sliding down bannisters would totally rule, especially if you could do it on a skateboard!

-Tom

“including tailing enemies”

Tailing enemies!! Holy cow I’ve never heard of a game do that before. Never until maybe Pac-Man and almost every other game since then.

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH too much innovation. Slow down folks I don’t think people will be able to relate these “features” into their everyday experience. I mean, seriously, when have you ever leaned against a wall?

I mean, seriously, when have you ever leaned against a wall?

As they clearly indicate, leaning against a wall is a “detective element”. I suspect it’ll be old hat to detectives, who probably lean against walls all the time. But the rest of us are totally psyched about being able to experience this in a game.

-Tom

Groundbreaking stealth game animation incorporates intellectually stimulating detective elements, including tailing enemies, leaning against walls, and peeking around corners

Peeking around corners? That’s like leaning against a wall, but without the wall. Imagine using a single animation to generate two intellectually stimulating detective elements. Brilliant!

• Alan

I think my head exploded.

You guys are being way too hard on that release. The game isn’t just about peeking around corners. Sure, that would be lame, in and of itself. But this game is about “peeking around corners to infiltrate villains’ secret hideouts.” Which are hidden, apparently. Around the corners.

You know how sometimes you decide to play a driving game for a while and then afterwards you have to drive somewhere for real and there is this disconnect where one part of your mind thinks that it’s still playing the game and that you should slide the back end out going around the next curve to get some extra Kudos or something? This game would be like that. You’d keep peeking around corners hesitantly thinking that maybe this time it’s going to be WHOAH SECRET HIDEOUT! But then you peek and no, it’s still just the bathroom.

I came up with a new move. I like to call it: THE LEAN PEEK.

It’s really great, don’t tell cause it’s kinda hush-hush, but I’m also working on a project that lets you walk on ALL FOURS

I want you guys to know I’m laughing so hard tears are streaming form mine eyes! :lol:

its ground breaking because “suck ass” isn’t the main feature as with most batman games :twisted:

No fucking way! How cool would that be? Sliding down bannisters would totally rule, especially if you could do it on a skateboard!

Mmmm, there’s a game idea in that…

Man, I love you guys. :lol:

I kept skipping this thread because, well, Batman sucks. I had a regretable knee-jerk reaction to ignore.

How foolish.

Little did I know there would be such snappy detective elements like leaning against walls.

Tom, are you going to review this one and make us all jealous of how you’re privy to such gaming sweetness?

I don’t know how to break this to them, but leaning against walls and peeking around corners is not even innovative for a Batman game. Ubi Soft did it 2 years ago.

I can’t find a screenshot, but leaning and peeking were there.