The hard-hitting steel on steel appeal of Wreckfest

If there’s one thing more gratifying than speed, it’s impact. Wreckfest knows you know this.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/06/22/the-hard-hitting-steel-on-steel-appeal-of-wreckfest/

I thought this said “Whackfest” when I first saw the title. Whew…

I bought this because I’d hope it would recapture some of the feel of the amazing Test Drive: Eve of Destruction. So far it’s looking like it will.

Love this review.

Wish listed!

Looking forward to the console releases :)

Great review, game not merely as an entertainment product but with meaning, even in a “dumb” hit cars with your car game…

Wowza a 5!

This has been on my list forever. How would you compare/contrast it to Carmageddon, or would you even?

caRPG? Really? And you gave me shit for inventing CBCM for city builder/colony manager? ::eyeroll.gif::

Seriously good review though! I did not even have this on my radar before, and now I think I’ll pick it up.

Different beasts really. This is much more akin to Destruction Derby/Eve of Destruction/Flatout. It’s also a lot better, I feel, than the most recent Carmageddon game.

Tom didn’t invent that one. It’s been around since at least the PS2 era.

“I actually taped a kitchen knife under my Ford Pinto once. In case a raider held me at crossbowpoint and demanded that I disarm the explosive booby trap bolted to the undercarriage.”

“Reflexes, that’s what you’ve got. Me? I’ve got brains”. I guess the question really is, can you beat the snake?

Fantastic review Tom, sounds like my kind of car game. Wishlisted.

Typo: “vidnicitvely”

Wow, that’s a doozy.

How much of the physics fidelity and graphic realism will be lost with the PC version on plain old PS4 you think?

I backed this when it first opened and am quite glad I did. My pc is sluggish but it mostly runs good, and I can use my 360 wheel on it which is a big plus. I’m still tempted to grab the XB1 version when it comes out though despite losing the wheel access because I’ll gain system power and friends to play with :)

Correction:
“the polish [that] comes”