The Haunting of Hill House - Netflix, Shirley Jackson, Mike Flanagan

heart-attack

Ah, you must have made it to episode eight!

Slight necro here, but appropriate to necro a ghost story series.

I ended up watching Bly Manor first and Hill House second. I think that worked better because Hill House is a more interesting show than Bly, so to watch Bly and then Hill House is to go from lesser to greater. That’s a good order.

So I have two questions. First, in Bly we eventually see the explanation for the haunting. That was satisfying. I don’t recall seeing something similar for Hill House. Did I miss something?

I will use the spoiler tag for the second question.

It turns out the child being haunted by the bent neck lady eventually becomes the bent neck lady. She is not malovent as the bent neck lady, however. And yet in one scene the bent neck lady seems to effect the death of the husband the now grown child. Once we understand the bent neck lady is the same adult lady who sees her husband die, it no longer makes sense to me. Did the bent neck lady cause the death of the husband and if so, why?

That’s all I got. I look forward to another haunting series. Hope they do another.

Flanagan’s said they won’t be doing another one. Keep an eye out for Midnight, Mass though. Not related but another Netflix Flanagan show.