The Heist and Left 4 Dead

Overkill Software, makers of Payday: The Heist, announced that they are working with Valve on a project that combines elements of their games.

As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into PAYDAY The Heist, which has led to various rumors. We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between OVERKILL and Valve is currently in production.

We are working on a very cool blend of PAYDAY and Left 4 Dead. I am sure it is so exciting that it will have some players check into the hospital before we are done.

Left 4 Dead 3?

/Raises eyebrow

Well, that’s… interesting. I liked The Heist, but the lack of more maps, the bugs (after months of patching) and the small community didn’t convinced me. Let’s see if with Valve support they can do more and better.

This is going to be
AWESOME!

Interesting, last time I heard that Overkill was bought by Starbreeze and they were working with them on a project. Can’t wait to see what they have planned as Payday was good, but a bit rough around the edges.

I guess my question is what do the two have to offer each other? I suppose Payday could gain L4D’s opposing-team technology and all of the Director AI but there’s not much to flow the other direction. Payday’s pretty much half of L4D, from what I see. Not that there’s anything wrong with taking the zombies out of L4D and making them cops.

H.

I bet it’s some kind of L4D themed DLC for Payday to go with the Summer Sale.