The Hitman's Bodyguard

This looks excellent. “He single handedly ruined the word ‘mother fucker’

The trailer doesn’t really give me a strong sense of how this will go. Jackson and Reynolds swearing at each other for 90 minutes could be a lazy gimmick, or it could be inspired comedy.

But I’m always glad to see Hollywood supporting movies with titles long enough to be Discourse thread titles.

Saw this today along with Logan Lucky and Atomic Blonde for a third time. I enjoyed it but I would say that it was the weakest of the three movies in terms of my enjoyment. I laughed quite a bit during the movie because Jackson and Reynolds can be charming and funny. I didn’t think any of the action scenes were very exciting. I’m also tired of another killer for hire who only kills bad guys and is actually a good guy.

I think most people are going to see this for Reynolds and Jackson playing off one another and in my opinion the movie does that fairly well, even if most everything else about it was a miss for me.

Thanks for the review! It sounds like an enjoyable, if not especially inspired 90 minutes at the theater. And that is something I will definitely take when it involves Reynolds and Jackson.

It’s 2 hours, and it’s better than the reviews I’ve seen around. Haven’t seen Logan Lucky or Atomic Blonde, so can’t compare to them, but it’s better than I was expecting.

Local theater didn’t have Logan’s Lucky, so went to Hitman’s Bodyguard. Enjoyed it! As predictable as you would guess, but well executed. Plot moves along quickly enough so that it doesn’t get bogged down. Mostly it’s saved by Reynolds and Jackson. Reynolds is a fantastic straight man, and Samuel L Jackson is more charismatic than just about anyone else when when he’s phoning it in. Good use of a matinee.

Saw it last weekend with my wife. We were both having a blast! Especially we both live in The Netherland where we know most of the film scenes. The action was almoast non stop, functional and over the top. I did thought the professor at the opening scene did have a more important role at the end. But all he did was: That’s Dukhovich!

You nailed it on the head, I watched this tonight, and it was just alright.
I was surprised how much I liked Reynolds and Jackson together, they worked well off each other.