The I'm drunk thread

Same. The peeler and can opener see the most use.

Joining in tonight. I’m having birthday, part 3. Me and my GF are enjoying some movies today, occasionally with Christmas themes. So far, 4 Christmases, Home Alone, Murder on the Orient Express.

It’s a beer night, but we had a margarita with dinner to kick it off. Update next movie.

Meh, the night finished with a whimper. My GF was tired, so we binged on the rest of the season of Mindhunter, then crashed.

Here’s hoping the NFL games today are good.

Cut that backbone with your chef’s knife with your left hand on the blade and rock it down Rich.

Where were you in November? :)

I am, and it’s my “Friday.” Nothing to do until this weekend when the holiday frenzy begins. Cheers, folks;

Greetings fellow drinker. I am retired and so every day is Friday. Or Saturday? Never Sunday. I am watching Cops while the wife plays an annoying game on her phone. Soon I will have dinner and take the dozen pills that keep me alive. And then I go to a concert. That would be the wife snoring like a chainsaw right through my earplugs. :)

Ain’t married life wonderful?

Not there, yet. However, I’m at the GFs workplace, waiting on her to get off work. At that time I will fail my saving throw against circular smalltalk about her co-workers, and at the same time, will also fail my initiative throw on sex, or alternatively, gaming.

Life is Grand though. Without the struggle, what would we laugh at?

What happening on cops?

Some girl hit her boyfriend with a tennis racquet. Now they are trying to wake him up. Strangely he snores very like my wife. We’re gonna have to talk now. :)

Drunk TV at our house is either Forensic Files, in which we lightly argue about the fact we think we’ve seen it before, or Planet Earth, in which we discuss how amazing things are then how it’s sad we’re killing it all, followed by passing out to the sounds of a dolphin or baboon.

Or, she gets the remote and watches a horror flick while I progressively ramp up my own snoring concert.

Still hanging. Rich, did you crash into cops induced dreamland? Are they tasing you, bro?!?

Heh. Time for a bottle of Prosecco and the movie Sorceror while the wife watches the Seahawks.

Edit: Half way through Sorceror and I love it even more than before. @tomchick must have seen this. If not I know what his next request will be.

PS If you want to watch it don’t read the wiki. Just watch it.

I’ve been cooking the last few days whenever I wasn’t traveling, as I have my wife’s family coming over tomorrow… I’ve wrapped up what I have to do for the night, so I’m trying out various bits of stuff I’ve purchased recently. This includes:

Nikka coffee grain whiskey, ramos pinto 20 year port, jefferson’s reserve, and some nice rioja.

Last night I discovered I really like a perfect martini - 2.5 oz hendrik’s gin, 0.5 oz dolin vermouth, 0.5 carpano antica, lemon twist. Perfect is the technical (?) name for half sweet half dry vermouth drinks, so I had to try one.

I should say, in the wonderful state of MA, there’s a slightly more wonderful state of NH next door, which has state run liquor stores that occasionally have great deals on things that are far more expensive here. Since we’re entertaining for the holidays, we stocked up on a number of things, far past what I’d normally have around…but it’s hard to turn down whiskey on sale.

Just asked the GF who is a long time bartender and is now a bar manager. You are correct, though she said it’s an old timer phrase. Newer bartenders will think you’re asking for “a perfect martini,” not as in the mix of red and dry vermouth, which is what the “perfect” phrase should get you. She also went on a tangent about how a huge portion of martini drinkers prefer gin or vodka in a very high amount compared to any vermouth. The most asked for one she made was with a 1/4 jigger of vermouth swirled around an ice cold martini glass until it was swirled nearly to the rim, then poured out entirely, then adding in the chilled and strained gin or vodka, stirring while pouring in, then a twist, ensuring you get some citrus oils into the glass, then rub the rim and dunk it. It seems the least sought after flavor of a martini is the vermouth?

Good vermouth tastes good. I love me some carpano antica formula!

I’m drinking beer tonight, but I’m raising my glass just the same, sir. Cheers!

I resemble this remark. Specifically, Beachtree Brown from Brewery 424 in Holland MI.

After consideration (aka, I’ve only had one beer and someone mentioned Old Fashioned in the cooking thread,) I’m switching up tonight.

Here we go, gents. The bar is now open:

No oranges, damn. We’re subbing in lemon rind and upping the simple syrup a little.

Cheers folks! (Pics won’t last long in this thread, so I thought I’d do one as a tribute to you all. Merry Christmas!

Holy fuck dude that’s a hell of a bar. I’ve just got a couple dozen lower mid shelf bottles stashed under the sink next to the dishwasher tablets.

That is Marlena’s Cantina (GF’s name is Marlene.) She picked that piece of furniture up from Restore for $100, no joke. She’s crafty and has added the shelf, glass hangs, and her signature items to it. In the bottom we have mixers, and extra items, that can be kept non-chilled. The thing is packed with stuff. My limited additions are a lot of the booze, some of the glassware, and the led light kit, which has a remote and can do call kinds of color changing cool stuff.

Not in picture, the double tap kegerator and a small wine rack.