The I'm drunk thread

Get your Founders outta here, Michigan. Great Lakes Brewery for life! Burning River Pale Ale, Commodore Perry Ale, Elliot Ness Lager, Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, Dortmunder Gold (my favorite) and, when you can find it, the elusive Conway’s Irish Ale. Cleveland Rocks!

Seriously though, lots of MI friends. Bell’s Oberon is a fantastic beer.

Dude … DO NOT FORGET CHRISTMAS ALE!!! I love Great Lakes. They make some excellent beers.

And Mark, I completely agree. Craft brew has peeled a bigger and bigger slice of the pie from big beer every year. They are doing quite well.

Checking in, though far from drunk, just partaking. GF is working as the bar manager tonight, and holy crap, I thought my job was stressful.

Cheers to you all.

My gf is on her way to joining y’all while I attempt to survive the dinner we just had. Oh god so much seafood

I feel under qualified. I have had a lot of good bourbon barrel aged stouts lately. The best of the manage to hide their alcohol behind the big flavors. Doom felt like all the flavor without needing to hide anything. I was sad that they had a single bottle in their make-a-six pack area. I would have loved to have a 4/6 pack to savor.

Lantz that sound so good. I’m seeking it out.

Working on a bottle of Glenlivet my friend dropped off today for Christmas. I’ve never tried decent scotch, and he’s been drinking scotch almost exclusively for years. It’s not enough to turn me from bourbon, but it’s very good!

Happy new year, all.

A few (generous) glasses of Rye and a beer later, and I’m not quite drunk, but I am feeling very mellow.

Damn. I really shouldn’t get drunk and post. I posted a long form thing about me in the Puerto Rico thread. I needed to get it out but it was wrong for there. Mods please move or remove it.

Drunk-you may also be prone to wild swings of guilt. Qt3 is nothing without its. . . digressions :)

IV bags came up and you shared a good (albeit terrifying) tale in that vein. No pun intended. Probably.

Anyway, it is what it is. Better than half the [shit]posting I do in P&R :)

Armando. Can I call you Armando? Have I told you lately how much I love you? Not in that platonic crap. But in a pure agápē kind of thing? True love man. As you wish kind of thing. You are both my Power Animal and my muse. Kisses, kisses, kisses. HUG!

Well shit, now I’m blushing and learning a new word. Huh. Agápē . I like it.

Infinite hugs back, Rich <3. One of these days I’ll join you properly sauced in this thread :)

I’m watching Goldfinger now, the part where Bond, M, and a bank executive are at a formal dinner and the bank guy is explaining what’s up. He says something like “let’s have some more of this disappointing Brandy” and Bond goes off on why it’s not very good, ending with "a rather indifferent “bon whaa”. (spelled phonetically) I’ve never understood this term, is this a French term I don’t know? Does it mean something, booze wise?

Does he, or another person, leave immediately after? It could be bonsoir, roughly ‘good night’

He says it as part of the description of the brandy. They have a long conversation over apparently mediocre brandy after this. The meaning I took from it is that it has something to do with the smell maybe? He smells it before tasting it.

“Indifferently blended, sir, with an overdose of Bons Bois.”

Bons Bois being one of the appellations blended in.

Translation still required. No idea what an appellation is, or what Bons Bois is.

Brandy, specifically cognac, is officially produced in several different regions, or crus, known by their appellations, or “appellations.” Of which Bons Bois is one.

As with blended Scotch, brandies from different regions are are typically mixed together by various producers for sale.

Bond noted too much Bons Bois in the brandy. He’s sniffy. No doubt he’d have remarked on the marc, and caviled at the Calvados.

Ah ha! A decades old question, answered! Thank you!

Oh god. I’m posting in one thread that will not end well no matter what I say and making bad puns in another. I think I should stay here for a while.