The I'm drunk thread

I don’t drink alone.
I am always alone.
I don’t drink.

The defining poem of Canada, that inspired the above rag

You’ve got that right. It’s Evan Williams, which was recommended to me at a cooking class for having the twin qualities that it’s cheap enough to pour half a bottle into a recipe, but drinkable enough that it can stand on its own.

Cheers, I’d trade with you for the RDR2.

@Mr.GRIM I like the ad. When was that published I wonder? I know it mentions a year there, is Lucky Lager that old?

Wife and kids are camping. Beer, baseball and rdr2 for me tonight! Costco generic variety pack and something called kilt lifter my wife picked up for me.

I picked up a six-pack of Hub Ferocious Citrus IPA to go along with RDR2 and it did the job. Related: this game might have my favorite drunken party scene next to Wolfenstein II. I keep trying to grete Lemmy but he’s everywhere and nowhere.

Ferocious Citrus sounds right up my alley.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been really, seriously drunk, but hoo boy, I sure am tonight: wasted, or your preferred synonym therefor.

I went to a party welcoming a Welshman to American permanent residency, and drank more like an Englishman than the weak American I am, courtesy of a 20th Century or two (recipe courtesy the train of the same name) and a devilish rum punch.

So now I’m in the mainlining water and sobering up before bed phase. Hopefully those of you imbibing did not over-imbibe to the same degree I did.

It seems like a good night. Well into vacation already and the missus and I are whipping up taco night fixings. Anyone out there, QT3?

And we’re starting with a dank beer called Tropical Kush of all things.

Sounds like it needs a Lemon Haze pairing. Paging our California based brethren …

I just drank some coconut nog. It was surprisingly creamy and delicious. It contained a lot of bourbon.

Whoa … coconut eggnog? Must have that recipe. Especially with bourbon.

Coquito?

It’s great.

E.g.

We have a bottle of Sins of Our Fathers in the fridge. Excited to break it out sometime in the next two weeks. We were also given a bottle of a Japanese Whiskey called Nikka. Strong, and super delicious. Hoping to make that one last.

That Tropical Kush sounds delightful!

I’m lactose intolerant. Turns out you can buy coconut nog in the store. It’s way better than soy nog.

About to have a large vodka and soda. Also about to make fried rice from scratch.

Hey, that reminds me I think I have the ingredients to make coquito on hand…

WOW that sounds good. Needs an E for effort though and I’m at about 40 percent on the effort meter (excepting tacos right now.) I also don’t have cream of coconut. Another Christmas night though for sure.

It is! Mango-y and piney with a dank aroma.

I can’t smell much of the aroma right now, the entire house smells like taco meat.

Have had several gin & tonics. Or is it gins and tonic? They were large. I am sleepy.

Edit: can anyone recommend an eggnog recipe?

Ginses and Tonices, my precious. I honestly have no idea what the correct plural is.

Cheers, Mark!

I rather like this one.

Edit: And for your perusal, the article I got that from.