The I'm drunk thread

Eggnog … riot? That sounds like a great Christmas band name. Cool link, by the way.

The band is Eggnog Riot. They come on stage and play their hit, The Eggs Are Raw, Shut Up and Drink!

Their B side is, “Brandy most often, Bourbon when the time is right.”

I use Alton Brown’s, and have made it for the past several years.

https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/devour/drinks/2012/12/thirsty-thursday-raise-your-glass-to-altons-eggnog

Im okay with eating raw eggs, but I’m not bit on serving them to others. I’ve searched for pasteurised eggs in the past, to mixed success, but this year, I own an immersion circulator.

75 minutes later, I have a dozen pasteurised eggs. Take a bit longer to whip, but enough to matter. Still way quicker than cooking an chilling the nog.

I am drunk on my own home brew — an arrogant bastard clone — and that makes me feel like I earned my slothfulness.

Also parents, I recommend a little Baileys Irish crime in the coffee on Christmas morning. Not enough to get sloppy, but enough to ease in to the screaming and to make finding the batteries and getting them installed just a little easier.

Bailey’s and Kahlua have such low abv you’d be fine skipping the coffee and just go with a mug of both.

It’s not Christmas yet, but I think I may just partake of that suggestion.

Finished last night with a Wicked Weed Freak DIPA and a Founders Centennial IPA.

That’s some high quality stuff man. Nice job! How did it finish?

It’s pretty good! It took forever to condition in the bottle, like three months until it had a proper head but it’s aged nicely.

Cheers again this evening, folks. Out with the missus, and it appears the majority of the neighborhood is as well.

Merry Christmas.

I usually add 2-3 shots of Irish Whiskey.

This sounds like a good Christmas tradition to start.

I am visiting my parents for Christmas, and i am drunk.

Never been to this thread before.

Hello

Autumns Bottoms Up brought me here. one part cinnamon whiskey, Amaretto and Cointreau. Add 4 parts cranberry, have a few and you get to where I am now.

Hello

That sounds delicious!

highly recommend

How did that fare the day after? Cranberry is usually a decent mixer but the combo there would give me pause. Decent drink or tough hangover?

Speaking of tough hangovers, I’ll share one I had waaaaay back. Someone convinced me that we should drink Icebergs. His version was a high glass with crushed ice, a shot of Rumple Minze and a shot and a half of vodka.

Yes, I drank those with him. Holy hell. It took years for me to get over the smell of peppermint making me nauseous. Imagine your worst hangover fears, then imagine this lingering taste and smell of near medicinal levels of mint so bad you can’t get away from it.

Homebrew blonde beer and Glenlivet. Good times.

[This seems to belong here]:
BWahahahaha!!! Drunk post! Alcohol is fun!

IANYMD but, anger is often the flip side of depression. I also have anger issues and they are much worse when I’m not taking my depression meds regularly.

The hangover surprisingly non existent. I usually get a minor headache on just a drink or two so I was expecting a big one. Strange how the body reacts sometimes.