The I'm drunk thread

It’s hard to get outside of the Northeast, but it’s definitely worth hunting down. It and Hendrick’s are my favorite gins; apart from my obsessive need to keep trying new liquors, I’d be almost entirely happy with just those two in my cabinet.

Mmm, martinis.

My family makes wicked ones. Cheap gin (like Gordon’s), a capful of vermouth, a slice of lemon rubbed around the rim of the glass, served on the rocks. We call them white lightning.

Ever since some NY Times tasting, my mom will occasionally insist on Plymouth for martinis and Tanqueray Rangpur Lime for G&Ts. The Tanqueray stuff is pretty phenomenal in a gin and tonic.

It must be hard to get inside the Northeast, as well, or else Vermont’s booze selection just plain sucks (which is certainly possible), because it’s not listed on the Department of Liquor Control’s retail guide. Maybe it’s something to do with the State directly controlling the importation and sale of any spiritous beverage…

Until July of this year, you couldn’t find more than (or even) ten beers with a 9% ABV for sale anywhere around here, because only the State could sell it, and they largely ignored the beer market. But then they finally changed the law, and malted beverages of up to 16% (or something) ABV could finally be imported and sold by independent retailers.

The State does sell Hendrick’s, though, for $29.60 for a 750ml bottle.

Why don’t you go to New Hampshire for booze?

Cool, I’ll have to see about ordering some. The only American regional gins I’ve had have been distinctly horrible (I’m looking at you, Aviation Gin of Portland, Oregon!)

Wow, obscure.

Because I don’t feel like driving 90 minutes just for a boozy call (if I can call it that). Especially when it takes less time to get to Quebec and they have a better Unibroue selection. And the duty-free shop sometimes has interesting stuff.

I see that Hendrick’s is a William Grant & Sons product. I wish I could get Grant’s Ale Cask Reserve around here, but I’ve never seen it anywhere outside New Brunswick. That’s a nice blended whisky.

Wow, I guess Pennsylvania’s LCB could be worse. I didn’t see that one coming.

Frozen remains of a previous session’s Russian Dragon; not my normal fare, but surprisingly good.

A tall glass with 4 parts Southern Comfort (don’t laugh!), 2 parts amaretto, 1 part gin, 1 part blue curacao, then filled with orange juice, and 1/8th of a lime; nicely when 1 part ~= 30ml. My wife always insists on a few cubes of ice and maraschino cherries. Normally you drink it, but frozen with a spoon has it merits too.

Hey! This thread is for boozy ramblings, not “I might be drunk someday.”

Get your ass to Mars.

And by Mars, I mean a state of reflective inebriation.

Can stoners crash this thread party? I’m at work now and hence not high, but my wife told me she wants to watch Stepbrothers tonight and there’s no way I’m watching that movie sober.

Tonight I had a few beers (Sam Adams) on a date, then came come and had a bottle of champagne (Friexnet) in the hot tub with my girlfriend

Does your girlfriend approve of you going on dates?

Ohh, nice catch.

Shhhhhhh.

Of course it was with her, wiseguy.

I think the most impressive thing about the entire OP was the fact that it was so remarkably coherent for being written in the aftermath of the evening described. ElGuapo must have a liver of steel.

I haven’t slept in 48 hours. I had two final exams today, one of which may not have gone well. I can’t tell, I was tired as shit and am just hoping that everything came out correctly. Fuck you, vector analysis, I love you. Then I drank a large gin and tonic made with Junipero (which I scored for $10 since it rang up as Jim Beam) and some fancy-ass bitter lemon tonic. Then I saw David Byrne with my lovely wife and returned home. I am now drinking more of the gin and tonics and am putting maps ‘n’ shit on my new GPS thingy. I’ll go geocaching tomorrow but tonight I am tired and drinking.

Holy crap, are you going to divorce her?

I was once drunk in Portisheads tourbus while one of the bandmembers were making moves on my then girlfriend.
When it’s rockstars you just have to forgive and forget…

Recent studies have shown that you actually do better on exams if you get more sleep, rather than cramming until the wee hours of the morning. You might want to rethink your educational approach in light of the data.

I’m going to get really drunk really soon to work off a break-up. I figure one post here is less harmful than a full emo thread. Hurray! Beer! Internet availability will be denied while drunk, so don’t expect posts. My misery shall be self-contained.