Some Incremental/Idle/Clicker Games (including really a lot of Incremental Epic Hero 2)

Gah, you absolute monster. Give me back my Saturday.

(Hoping to see pull requests accepted! Has potential.)

Anyone who enjoys subjecting themselves to these games should check out Prestige Tree.

https://jacorb90.github.io/Prestige-Tree/

Interesting design, substantial content, changes a lot, doesn’t keep you stuck for long, well balanced, has an ending.

Argh, my time has been well sucked:) I’m well into row 4 now. Super addictive in a way I haven’t experiences since I played through Antimatter Dimensions.

Yep. Curse you, cornchip!

The business of making games:

https://www.thepaperpilot.org/gamedevtree/

More mods for the original:

https://yhvr.me/pt/mods.html

Gah, what are you doing to me. I love the different cadences of these approaches.

Damnit @cornchip there went 2 days of my life!

Yeah, likewise. :) I finally got to the end and actually thought some of the combinations in Row 7 were a little arbitrary. But I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!

Seven? I’m only on Row 5…erup.

I gave up the first time it reset half my shit for buying something in row 4. I’m not starting over again and again, I already did that a bunch.

I had the same reaction, but then I had a really boring meeting, so…

That’s kinda the whole gimmick of this game though. There’s barely any clicking, it’s all about the “prestige”, which somewhere along the line became gaming lingo for resetting a bunch of meaningful progress but advancing some other meta level you can’t advance any other way.

Granted, but I found it frustrating nevertheless. :)

Even though prestiging is literally the name of the game, it really only does a full-ish reset 3 or 4 times throughout the game. It generally very quickly gives you the ability to avoid the full reset after the first one. And it usually only takes a couple of minutes to get back to where you were.

Does anyone happen to have a Prestige Tree save from just before unlocking HB and SS (or somewhere round there)? I got a save corruption bug and my only backup is from ages ago.

Edit: Never mind, managed to fix it.

Finished it. Got Hung up on Row 7 due to a hidden update I missed in the prior rows.

I gave up at row 7 (I think? The one with MB and machines and gears) when it became a different sort of game. I don’t mind that sort of clicker — Realm Grinder does great things with it — but it’s not what I signed up for and the UI doesn’t really help with the experimentation.

Agreed, I was investing in completing it, but Row 6 and 7 were a slog and I was done.

edit: Nevermind. Had to re-spec my hyperspace buildings :(

I’m stuck on row 7 as well. I don’t see anything new in previous rows that I missed. I can get more gears, but more gears don’t do anything. I can’t complete any of the gear challenges, and re-specing mastery bricks doesn’t seem to help. I don’t see anything else I can do.

I effectively gave up at that point too, for the same reasons. Except by “gave up” I mean I started following a walkthrough posted in the Discord channel, just to see it through.

Clickers shouldn’t need detailed walkthrough to understand what’s required to advance. Sure, guides on optimizing progress make sense, but this is a little different.