The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

This is Cracker Jack cereal box level. The “mystery” of what’s in the box has been spoiled. A lenticular card and a coin.

Truly something world changing.

Biplanes font is off from the other titles, looks like they forgot to bold it. Incompetent.

At 1:30 in that video, in an article “Written by Intellivision”, they didn’t even spell their own company name right in the headline.

Christ, this guy and the audacity of that quote. Yeah, if you’re John Lydon and leading a punk band, then maybe pissing people off is kinda’ the point. But if you’re the CEO of a consumer-facing company, maybe you don’t lead with being offensive and a fuck-up as some kind of badge of honor?

I mean, I run a goofy little side-gig business, and even I know that the goal is not to piss people off.

He’s not even a successful incumbent but an unproven piece of shit challenger that hasn’t accomplished anything yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4bV4kAGyf0

That’s not a new video is it? Seems there’s responses from 8+ months ago.

It’s from 8 months ago combined with news of what it actually is leaking yesterday shows how much of shills they are.

It’s amazing how “friendship” with a z list video game industry celebrity will cause slavish hero worship and adulation that they change their entire YouTube channel to hopelessly boost and unquestionably devoted to brigading counter narratives across the internet

I’m sure they all thought they were going to get fantastically popular and fabulously wealthy pimping for it lol.

I literally burst out laughing at the 25 second mark. “They’ve found a way to make digital media… physical”. Dude has no idea he just talked about being wowed by the technology of a DVD.

So the marketing plan is to sell 80s technology as a game changer? I’m not a tech wizard but sounds like that needs to go back to the drawing board.

THIS is what Tommy has been hiding from public view for months, claiming he was saving it for some multi-million-viewer YTer to reveal. When asked if it was NFT or NFC, he said “both” and I am 100% certain this inept company has no way to make a crypto thing work, especially when all they are courting are 50 year old bearded retro gaming fans yet claiming to investors they have a “3 billion gamer potential market.”

Wait, so I guess I missed it…what is it actually? Is it no longer just an NFC card that unlocks content already on the console?

It’s literally “code in a box” – but download triggered by the card in close proximity to the console. The reveal was for the “collectibles” - Cracker Jack type prizes. These clowns lack the technical expertise to do anything crypto or NFT-related so Tommy answering that it was “both NFT and NFC” was likely just him talking out his ass not knowing what either meant.

So yes, it’s an NFC card that triggers a download. So you can’t redownload it when Tommy’s company inevitably goes tits up next year.

The “official unveiling” is still set for tomorrow for this underwhelming reveal.

Is this the first video game system where the games are sold without the console to play it on?

Clicking on and watching that video, I feel like I was Rickrolled.
There is zero information in there.

Unless the game itself is on the card, it’s worthless as a collectible. At least to me.

Yes that’s why Tommy has been using the weasel word of “physical product” instead of “physical media” and has tried to argue for its collectibility when the stark reality is the console and those cards will be useless when the download servers shut down next year. The downloaded copies may continue to function for a while.

Or, with the “expertise” of Tommy and crew at the helm, I expect the Amico to be vanilla Android with little or no copy protection that will be defeated easily. Disinterest in and obscurity of the platform at prevent it from being an immediate target.

Here it is! (fart)

You can order packaging for a game that isn’t finished, complete with an RFID card that requires a server that doesn’t exist for a console that isn’t in production.

That coin looks like crap, but the rest of it isn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. What’s stupid is the fact they didn’t release this information a year ago. There was no point whatsoever to keep this hidden as a “surprise”. The way Tommy handled this hurt their marketing as opposed to helping it because they kept a potential positive that could drive some sales in the dark.

What I see from this is that people will get bored of the games insanely fast, so the only way to give this any kind of long-term interest is if people are “collecting” for it - because the games themselves are lame.

The first fungible NFT!

Tommy: Everything is too complicated these days, Amico will change that.

Also Tommy: Amico uses NFTs and blockchains and RFIDs that require an Internet-enabled device to download everything.