The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

According to the agreement, Fig will be taking 45% of Intellivision’s revenue until they have earned back at least 3 TIMES the amount invested. Whereby they will then take another 30% for an additional year and then 20% for one more year after that.

This royalty agreement would only expire if they complete all of the milestones above , or alternatively after earning 10 TIMES the amount provided.

It’s not your fault you are reading it that way, because it’s a bad way of presenting the data.

5 percent of one pie, 15 percent of another pie, and 20 percent of a third pie does NOT equal 45 percent of all pies. It’s just wrong.

Plus Amico is a bad idea, even if Ralph Baer’s son (who has nothing to do with the modern games industry) likes it. Amico Games For You — A semi-celebrity endorser of Tommy speaks out!

Tommy Tallarico isn’t listed as number 1 reason so I question their research methodology.

In a momentous update, Tommy has revealed that the Amico AC brick has the Amico logo on it. Its innards are a low-end smartphone from 2013 so I’m not sure why it even needs a brick.

Tommy was asked to leave the old-school Intellivision discussion thread because his cultists were pissing everyone off.

If he can’t sell this to the original Intellivision fans, who is left? Don’t tell me “3 billion candy crush players.”

What old-school thread?

Well, he demonstrated they only have a market of around 10K willing to order the “physical product” so 10-20k max sales I predict and he’s managed to hoodwink investors of 11 million for his role-play fantasy?

A big (4000 users) Facebook group called Intellivision Invasion is the “big thread” I was talking about. They are mostly retro buy-and-sell people, not interested in the drama or BS that Tallarico brings.

Sweet!!!

(Damn you, @James_Zimmer)

Ironic since none of the games coming out are true originals from the Intellivision era, instead a few are just “re-imaged” versions of them.

Are any of the new games designed by anybody of note?
Such as the original designers? That might be kinda cool.
Or any other game dev we recognize?

The only thing of note in what you asked is Earthworm Jim. But I never cared about that series so it’s no big deal to me. Originally it was going to be exclusive to Intellivision, but I believe it will be coming out for lots of platforms since I’m sure there won’t be enough purchases of it on Intellivision to justify development costs.

They just need to make SPECIAL PHYSICAL EDITIONS, then BAM! 10,000 sold instantly! (And for all eternity - better only make 10,000)

Those 10,000 will fit in nicely next to those ET cartridges in the New Mexico desert.

They deserve a special Hole.

I liked the EWJ games and was fond of The Neverhood but I’m OK with leaving them in the past so their bigot creator doesn’t profit. Tommy won’t denounce Doug’s transphobic hatred and has commented that he’s waiting for the controversy to die down so he can strike back at the “cancel culture of the libs.”

I guarantee you past the original teaser video of the original dev gang that there’s been zero development work on a “new” EWJ title. At best it was a C-tier character anyways. No more than a minute was spent on the walking animation loop.

Tommy has this compulsion to lie glibly and lie often when they can be easily disproven. He claims this shovelware game from 2008 for the 2nd worst smartphone (Windows Phone) platform as having “all the artwork done by Intellivision” as one of many claims to easily impress the dumbasses on AtariAge. He’s claimed to have redone all the music for the games (to further pad his paid-for Guinness World Record) in addition to naming some modes/titles of other games:

The re-imagined Night Stalker and Cloudy Mountain (the top-down Dungeons and Dragons maze-crawler) are supposedly designed by Mike Mika but we have only seen tiny glimpses of them.

No disrespect meant to the “Blue Sky Rangers,” but the designers and programmers from the early 1980s don’t really have the relevant skills to make a good modern game in my opinion.

It happens with crypto too. Hence the proliferation of pump and dump schemes that people are going to jai over.

You’ll enjoy this dismantling, @jpinard