The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

31min mark

Wow, Tommy obviously doesn’t even know what kind of encryption is used. It’d be hilarious if people could steal the game scanning the box in a store since the RFID’s aren’t protected. Honestly, I bet they never even thought about that.

I am 100% sure he mixed up NFC with NFT, not knowing what either means.

Weird culty showing of Amico with the cult members and Tommy as the only maskless mass hole at a venue where masks are required.

I had no idea he was so annoying. Outside of that, the way he has to use the controller looks super uncomfortable.

He fancies himself a celebrity based on his TV show and video game credits.

The really cool thing about the original is that you went from a joystick with one button on the Atari or Odyssey to 11 buttons and a D-pad, it was definitely revolutionary for the time, but also super uncomfortable to use. The side buttons were really hard to press, I probably have reversed index joints from doing it so much. Now you have ergo controllers with PS and XBox with, what, ten buttons, two sticks, and a D-pad? That’s pretty darned good, no need to uninvent the better wheel.

He looks like a special guy having a birthday party and perhaps had a bit too much ice cream cake.

8 votes and 20 comments so far on Reddit

Not really a new or custom console of any kind but just a vanilla Android STB inside those Amico housings. What a scam.

https://reddit.com/r/Intellivision_Amico/comments/qvyeeg/this_is_a_near_stock_android_tv_user_interface_i/

Fascinating thread.

Just waiting for the clueless investors to catch on how they’ve been misled and for the lawsuits to start.

I’m not sure that’s completely fair. They have a deliberately fuzzy assembly video here, and you can see a custom PCB to the side at the 5 second mark. It’s not as if they stuffed an off-the-shelf Android TV board TV into that weird enclosure. I agree that the software is just a standard Android launcher, and it should be further along for a product that is 13 months past its launch date. Supply chain disruptions shouldn’t have slowed that down.

It’s still a giant confidence game/scam.

So Tommy showed off a “deep dive” of a tank game for Amico and all the art assets are stolen from a little-known game called WarThunder.

Also stole artwork from the Brad Pitt tank movie Fury.

This is like Microsoft filing their Win8+Windows Phone App Store with garbage because they offered $100 for each app anyone could submit. Except they had millions to give out and Intellivision has a princely total of tree fiddy.

More examples of just how blatant this is:

They pulled down and re-uploaded a lightly edited version, and deleted a Reddit discussion thread about it.

That’s as close to as admission of guilt as you are likely to see from these chumps.

I believe the project was started with good intentions, but the coverups, exaggerations, and outright provable lies really push it into scam territory.

Also, that tank game is yeccccch. Who asked for that? The single screen tank arena genre is so trite and old.

A tank game seems an odd choice for a system whose pitch is that Nintendo isn’t family friendly enough

I’m sure the German government is happy at their money being used for a Game Maker Studio tutorial tier game made with stolen assets.

I hope he gets sued for commercial usage theft: