The Intellivision is returning, and it has a new boss

My friend’s reaction to the Kotaku article. He’s in the Intellivision (50+ gamer) target demographic. Illogically, still supporting Tommy somehow.

Tommy was an ass way before his Dad got sick. It didn’t affect his behavior.

Right. But that analogy doesn’t quite track in this instance.

#1 Most of the games were made by first time amateurs or students. So trying to license low quality games that few people have any interest in when there’s better options out there already, means this is a big hole in their survival.

#2 They don’t have the money for real production, and the economy is tightening up. Outside of a few enthusiasts, they will never be able to sell these consoles for the new higher prices of $300 per console. It’s not economically feasible, especially when you can get a Switch for the same price. Their hardware isn’t in demand, and it’s too expensive to produce. That’s a second gaping hole in their survival as a company.

Their only true hope is to have some rich guy bail them out. If we’re being honest here and read between the lines, all Phil is doing is trying to drag this out in the hopes someone with more money than brains does exactly this.

Their store, servers, infrastructure -none of it is started or done. Nothing done for the games and system which is why the showed the same game footage 3 years in a row.

They have pissed all the crowdfunds paying themselves back and the rest on Potemkin village offices just so Tommy could cosplay pretend CEO and pay rent to his CFO Nick during ththe pandemic as commercial clients otherwise vacated his office building.

Nothing like helping a fellow sports car club buddy pay his commercial building rent while the rest of the world learns to work remoter during the pandemic.

Sure hire his old nutbag friend Mr Mustache Alvarado who then could hire his own son. Together they accomplished ab so fucking lutely for a games industry where most of the problems are solved. Why the fuck did it look custom footbath shape and custom controllers? Because of teenage Tommy Tallarico had the same mental capacity and likes as manchild Tommy Tallarico. There’s a reason Blaze’s Evercade is just a box and the controllers are normal.

They should feel ashamed of themselves if they have any self awareness over the entire operation being sham but apparently not because they are still “pushing their suppliers” along to continue their grift and scam to pay themselves by sucking up clueless investor money.

Prosecute these fuckers.

Check the sec disclosures, line up the different event timings over 2020 and 2021 as Tallarico played “cool video game celebrity ceo” to impress his dozen or so sub-100 subscriber YouTube steamers with office tours even as the money ran out and Rome was burning. Some of these mentally deficient losers remain defending this criminal operation until the end. Essentially, Tommy gets his NPD rocks off constantly lying in order to be the tallest midget.

They fussed and bought themselves “Octane awards” so they could continue the grift.

Prosecute and jail these scum.

Amico offends me as much as the Star Citizen scam that riles you up.

I checked with some mutual friends who had stints in the industry and at BioWare in the 00s warning them about the Amico but all consider him a “friend” so like the personal connection of not believing that a former Interplay axe man could be the front man for a pump and dump Ponzi scheme, I guess the idea of knowing a felon is worth something. Naturally the narrative is that he’s been attacked, persecuted unfairly and a victim in this whole thing.

Unearthed from the AtariAge mirror site tonight by a redditor was a snippet where Tommy claimed to be doing “QC for all the games.”

That explains so many things.

I still have trouble picturing what they thought would happen. Was it just “fake it til you make it,” hoping that more free money would rain down on them and make everything better?

Looks like their offices have been cleared out. They didn’t occupy the space for very long, just enough for Cosplay CEO to perform his little speeches.

So many tech companies exploit this route it’s like a broken record at this point.

Boiler room pump and dump Ponzi schemes and MLMs setup this way and start recruiting. Crypto scams are probably run even leaner.

An amusing game to play and resulting reading material:

I still can’t believe anyone was dumb enough to go work for that idiot.

Or invest, or preorder. Michael Pachter talking it up was one of the more ridiculous developments. What does he think now?

I missed this instant smack down of the Tommy lie that he was “in discussions” with the Worms devs:

Holy crap. It’s mind blowing how much that tool lied.

Yup. Tommy Tallarico lies constantly and compulsively.

41min time stamp for Amico content brand new CUpodcast