The Iraqi information minister deserves his own TV show

I mean seriously, the guy has this goofy charisma, he’s the best actor in the world (look at how CALM he is the whole time) and nobody can play the straight man so well while delivering the bullshit lines :D

Actually, according to CNN today, he’s been cancelled. Iraqi TV is showing patriotic music videos (perhaps starring Madonna) and playing inspirational anthems while broadcasting photographs of Saddam Hussein.

Here’s an amusing article about the guy though:
http://slate.msn.com/id/2081243/

I love that guy. Over the weekend I watched a couple hours of war coverage. If it wasn’t for his absolutely uproarious press conferences for maybe 5 or 10 minutes out of those 2 hours, I wouldn’t have bothered. He is so funny that it made it all worth while. This guy has shot himself in the foot so many times that he must have artificial legs by now.

Ari Fliescher holds not a candle to this man

I’m gonna miss him.

I hope the U.S. doesn’t take him out. The guy is genuinely funny. And he is probably the only Iraqi minister who has the balls to make a public appearance - I have to give him some credit for that.

Could it be because he’s the only one left?

I think it would be funniest if he were captured on live TV, or just led away while he’s still talking to the camera or something, talking about how those “mercenaries and gangsters” are getting the living hell beat out of them. :D

When the finnally capture him, they should make him do one more of his TV broadcasts. It should be outside in a public place. At first everything seems normal, but then a troop of US soliders marches through the background. Then a tank rolls in and shoots a stature of Saddam (the information minister pauses for the interruption). Then marines show up and start dismanteling the set. Finally it ends with the camera pulling back and the US forces are everywhere, and the final words of this guys broadcast are something to the effect that the americans are not within 100 miles of baghdad.

All in all, though, when the war is over, this guy should get a guest slot on SNL or something, maybe as a reccuring character. A reporter or someone who is in complete denial of the most obvious facts.

It’s possible he believed what he was saying – and I don’t mean in a looneybin sort of way.

I’ve read about communications intercepts, where Iraqi field commanders were reporting back that they were inflicting huge casualties on the Americans, how they’d taken back territory, etc. Maybe it was out of fear of reporting failure (“Apology accepted, Captain Needa”), or some other reason.

So the poor slob may have simply reported what his bosses told him – and what they might actually have believed up until the end.

Loyd Case

CNN:

The war is over according to Mohammed Aldouri, Iraq’s ambassador to the United Nations.

“The game is over. I hope the peace will prevail and the Iraqi people at the end of the day will have a peaceful life,” the ambassador said, adding that he had no relationship to Saddam.

Bumpity bump bump ;)

Edit: More Info - Iraqi minister becomes Internet star

I told you they had scuds:

“It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don’t know why they were fired into Kuwait.”

Also are there any pics of his famous ‘The Americans are all gone’ speech with American tanks in the background? That’s Benny Hill quality stuff right there.

Wumpus - LMAO! That was just downright mean… ;)

The 3D Realms logo is over the top!