The Killing

This is now official.

Yay! Best news in there: the mystery will resolve in 12 episodes. They should have done that the first time around. One murder each season.

Absolutely. That almost ruined the show for me.

Glad they are keeping the two main leads and getting rid of the Larsen family … and of course resolving the case in 12 episodes.

Yea. Sounds like they listened to the fan criticisms.

Bringing this show back is really desperation I read elsewhere. Because the channel has only a handful of other “hit” shows.

Season 3 two hour premier on June 2!

Episode summary

Season 3 begins one year after the close of the “Rosie Larsen” case (the focus of the series’ first two seasons) with Sarah Linden (Enos) no longer working as a detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder’s (Kinnaman) search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she’d left behind.

Being LTTP, and Netflix just now getting Season 2, I am just now catching up. So I read a few criticisms from Season 1, but stayed out of any threads. I love the show. I see the weaknesses in spots and the excessive twists and turns ar ridiculous, but the performances and atmosphere are so good, I simply do not care. The two leads are wonderful, deep, flawed characters that take turns being strong/weak. So good.

It’s actually a solid show… if you have the chance to see the first and second season one after the other. Many of us who were following along weekly felt betrayed when season one ended without any kind of meaningful resolution.

I feel like it’s a well acted train wreck of a cop show. I also don’t think the solve of the mystery would hold up if you went back and watched it either. The lead actors will have me back for season three but I’m not sure how much patience for stupid I’ll have with it.
In the same ballpark, curious how The Bridge on FX will turn out.

Yeah, that’s what I am doing. Saw season one on Netfllix when season 2 was airing and then it took until just recently for the second season to show up on Netflix. Happy to hear that they already reached a deal with Netflix for Season 3, but I’ll be DVRing it once 3 starts.

I am amazed at Joel Hinneman (sp?). The little things he does that add to that character and his delivery are amazing. Plus, he cracks me up. I need to track down some interviews with him because I want to hear his real voice.

Just wrapped up. Alright, I am amazed at how many silly coincidences I was able to overlook and still enjoy the series. At some point in a show, if the dialog is good and the performances are good, I am all in. No matter how idiotic or insane the plot lines are. Lost was a good example. People bailed or got fed up and quit watching during various seasons or stuck it out despite their waning interest. I loved it from beginning to end. Thus far, the same is true for The Killing. It can certainly turn to crap in Season 3, but if the writers can straighten out the silliness, it can only get better in my opinion and I look forward to what they will do with another case.

…and it’s gone for good.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28579/amc-cancels-the-killing-yet-again

Too bad, I felt the 3rd season was much better than the first two. Ah well.

Awwww booo :(

Well, that bites. Season 3 was the best.

Agree. Season 3 really let the show shine and find its way. Great season. Glad they were able to redeem themselves after the disappointing first two seasons.

There’s always the danish versions(Forbrydelsen) if you guys need more ;-)

Don’t they basically tell the same story with the names changed? At least what was the US Seasons 1 & 2.

I actually don’t know but you may be right.

Just saw the end of season 3.

So who killed Adrian’s mom? Was it Skinner (the cop) or was it the guy who got hung on death row?

If it was Skinner… why did he kill Adrian’s mom? motive? wtf???

i am soo confused!

SUPER SPOILERS!!!

It was the cop and he wasn’t there to kill the Mom, he was there to kill the kid and ran into the Mom.

END OF THE SUPER SPOILERS!!!