The King (Netflix Movie)

Sort of. He complained, early on, a couple of times, that he couldn’t trust anyone, and we saw the person in question reveal his own ulterior motives a couple of times.

Just watched it this week and thought it was great. Hard to choose the best among the actors; Chalamet, Edgerton, Pattinson, and even Harris were all great in their roles.

The indoor scenery reminded me a lot of The Tudors, which makes sense. I wonder if they used the same sets or were just faithful to the same sources.

And the combat was also great. Both duels were fun to watch. Nice to see combatants wear helmets for a change, and the grappling and stilleto-ing looked brutal. My only gripe is that I would have liked more scenes of the longbowmen causing chaos amid the charging knights.

Another thumbs up from me. I liked the battles, Chalamet and Edgerton.

It seemed telegraphed, yes, even if the exact motive wasn’t made clear from the start. The court seemed to be agitating for a war right from the start, and when Henry doesn’t give it to them, a turncoat assassin appears from nowhere and with a flimsy story? Just what was supposed to be the French king’s motive for this anyway?