The Laaaaast Fruit... you'd want to eat in a fruit salad

This is to resolve a family dispute, where we take our fruits seriously (and not much else).

When you get fruit salad where it’s all mixed in, people often push their least favorite fruit to the side or bottom, frequently not bothering to even eat it. So which fruit would you least prefer?

note: I only included common components in fruit salad in the US; if there’s something common elsewhere you really can’t stand, please let us know what it is

• Cantaloupe
  • Grape
  • Honeydew
  • Pineapple
  • Strawberry
  • Watermelon
  • Other
  • Sh!t Bonerz

0 voters

I will be shocked if anyone deviates from the correct answer.

Grapes in fruit salad are disgusting.

For me, kiwi. I realize this is normally a premium fruit, but I am allergic.

I also dislike kiwi, but had to vote for Sh!t Bonerz.

I love kiwi! It’s a great source of despair in my life that I cannot eat it.

Well, perhaps that’s overstating it a bit. It’s not like I’m allergic to dairly or god forbid gluten.

Anyway, the obvious correct answer is cantaloupe. It’s a garbage melon. Honeydew pisses all over cantaloupe.

I like honeydew. In my family, honeydew is always the last fruit in the bowl, so I score!

They go straight for the cantaloupe? They’re probably a group of doppelgängers, changelings substituted for your real family in the night by faerie folk.

I like honeydew and cantaloupe, this poll shows the true monsters we have on this forum.

Well then I’d go for that last as well, knowing I get it in the end anyhow!

I also love honeydew.

I guess it depends on the salad. Canned pineapple is disgusting and I’ve seen people use that in fruit salad. If it’s fresh pineapple, then I’ll probably leave the watermelon last.

Fresh cantaloupe is absolutely amazing. I have a friend that grows them for her produce stand, and when they’re in season I’ll pick 2 or 3 a week from her right out of the field and eat them with a spoon morning, noon, or night.

Honeydew should be leading this in a landslide. No one wants to eat green fruit.

Yes! Yesssss! Half the melon and use it as its own bowl!

Canteloupe is high variance. Good ones are delicious, bad ones taste like crap.

Honeydew is always at least decent.

Durian is not among the choices.

This poll is just cherry-picking.

I mean tbh cantaloupe and honeydew both for me. Give me a salad of naught but grapes and pineapples and I’ll be happy

Weirdo.

I believe that a lot of people allergic to kiwi also are allergic to strawberries. We used to ask patients about that when I was a surgical tech.

You guys are all psychos. The perfect fruit salad:

• Blackberries. NOT raspberries!
  • Blueberries
  • Mango
  • Lychees
  • Pluots
  • Little drizzle of lime juice and dust of black pepper

@clay: Could be, but I’m not allergic to strawberries myself. Kiwis give me an annoying itchy throat, nothing dangerous, but uncomfortable. Pity as they are delicious.