The Laaaaast Fruit... you'd want to eat in a fruit salad

The bottom 1% of all honeydews is better than 50% of all cantaloupes. Cantaloupe is a garbage melon, plain and simple.

I can not select honeydew, cantaloupe, and watermelon, therefore this poll is a failure

Thanks to all of you for leaving the delicious melon! @Menzo, that is a feature.

imagehttps://media.giphy.com/media/Ll7PYy77vsffO/200.gif

Apparently strawberries are universally loved on these forums! :D

Grapes, because they are going to get brown and gunky on the end that was attached to the stem.

Fruit salad grapes are disgusting.

Pineapple for me, as that has the most variance between being inedible at the unripe stage and the sickly sweet overripe stage. Plus the sting even when at peak ripeness. Every other fruit I can chew through at those stages, but not pineapple.

Man, pineapple I can eat until my mouth tingles, then a little more. Half a pineapple in a single sitting isn’t unheard of.

Cantaloupe is bad and should feel bad.

It’s already been mentioned but it’s not something you would put in a fruit salad put in the same room as any other fruit, food anything absorbent.

7bb782bdef43e0c4277ba4297654bb8260dcc320_1_690x460

Durian, less a fruit, and more a substance that needs to be subject to monitoring by the OPCW.

Melon is delicious in all the varieties here and you all are monsters.

The only thing in that list that stands out would be pineapple. It’s totally fine in fruit salad, but it tends to overwhelm the flavors a bit. So if you have to pick one to exclude it would be that. Or banana, for the same reason.

Ya’ll hating on cantaloupe is weirding me out. I had no idea people despised it.

Definitely melon out of the choices provided, closely followed by cantaloupe. Other than that, i can’t stand banana in a fruit salad.

I find both it and honedew to just be blandly flavorless. They have much lower intensity than the other flavors going on, and just kinda murmur away something about faint floral sweetness from within these awkwardly sized chunks of pastel firmness that doesn’t even match the other stuff texturally.

They’re almost like the filler of fruit salads, in my head: something big and bulky and relatively cheap per volume that doesn’t add much flavor and is just kinda there to take up space and add a splash of faint color while the rest of the fruit does all the hard work of having actual taste.

Raisins and cherries. I voted pineapple though.

Honeydew is the best part of fruit salad!

Wait, what? What kind of sick bastard puts bananas in a fruit salad?

Bananas in fruit salad are deliberate sabotage, and that’s a different discussion entirely. I mean you could put pickled herring in there, that would be worse than cantaloupe too.

Yeah but would it?

Yes, as cantaloupe tends to be unripe and crunchy and flavorless, but it doesn’t actively ruin the rest of the fruit salad. It just consumes space and is sad.

Zero mention of PEARS in this thread.

PEARS are dead to us all.

I remember canned fruit cocktail as a kid, being like 80% pears and other flavorless fruits.