The Laaaaast Fruit... you'd want to eat in a fruit salad

Watermelon and feta cheese is a great combination, too. Basically anything salty goes with it really nicely.

I prefer cantaloupe to honeydew, honestly.

I had to vote other for the brown banana slices that have made a cesspool of many fruit salads I’ve met. After that, cantelope, cause I’m allergic to it, then grapes, because while it takes longer than for banas, they eventually also become brown pulpy messes.

Psycho.

Says the plumpricot lover!

Dude, pluots are delectable. I’ll fight you over this.

Oh, the apricots with flavor.

edit:

Hey you know what, ground cherries would be perfect in a fruit salad. Just the right size, no seeds or pits to deal with. Interesting flavor.

I don’t know why you would refuse yourself the pleasure of using the word plumpricot.

I try to minimize the apricot DNA contribution in my mind, as fresh apricots are inevitably hard, mealy, and unappetizing and pluots are like biting into a sphere of sweet tart purple juice that cascades down your arm into the waiting kitchen sink below.

As any good Italian knows truly sweet cantaloupe draped with a slice or two of prosciutto is heavenly for the same reason.

If we’ve told you once, we’ve told you a thousand times. Stop sitting in the kitchen sink.

Had that with dinner last night, with the main course being Naples style pork and fettuccini carbonara.

The honeydew is shit in America. Get your asses to Japan and fall in love.

If I move to Japan I a melon won’t be what I fall in love with.

Well, not the only thing…

I wouldn’t kick that lemon out of any kind of salad!

I’ll see myself out…

Every time I read this thread title I hear Tobias Funke. Was that intentional?

It is sooo good. When I was in Italy it was one of the more shocking discoveries for food there. My mom had cantaloupes in the garden while I was growing up. I would never have pictured it as going well with anything as obscure as cured ham.

LOL - honestly, no. My son and I watched the film Ice Age a long time ago, and we often quoted the line, “The laaaaast melon,” at random moments. I would have used that, but I didn’t want to add any bias to this ever-important poll.

I know. When I visited I had this served when I was in Gandria Switzerland, which is on the border with Italy (our view literally looked across the lake to Italy). It seemed so weird, but what the hell. I’m on vacation, it’s on the table, and I’m already two glasses of prosecco in, so lets do this.

So good. It’s become a regular addition to summer dining for my family.