The Last Man On Earth (Forte/Lord/Miller)

I heart Kristen Schaal so much. That was, uh, quite the sex scene. What a great episode, and I’m glad to see they’re still being true to the title of the show even as the cast appears to grow by 50%.

-Tom

DVR + 30 second skip = What tone shift?

I loved the first episode, but as it got into the “found a chick and guess what I hate her” story i lost interest. TLMOE is one of the greatest movies ever, btw. Especially if you adore Vincent Price like me.

The series is certainly living up to it’s name. More of a Y: The Last Man direction. This should be fun.

Maybe the name of this show should be “Even If You Were the Last Man on Earth”.

Ok so episode 3, a little bit better than the first 2, also I was not aware that January Jones from Mad Men would be on this show!

Me neither. I thought the first one was barely ok and stopped watching. Maybe I should try again!

I like the male suffering now he is married to the unpretty one and then a pretty one shows up. How is he going to handle this morally?

“Moby Dick? Try Moby Double Dick.”

My wife and I really liked the first two episodes, but we hated the latest and ended up turning it off.

The guy is too much of a douchebag, and the humor was too dependent upon cringe comedy. There was some of that in the first two episodes, but it seemed his character was progressing quickly enough to make it enjoyable (for us).

Nope, this episode shows that’s the entire point.

Unfortunately, I think we’re done with the show. Too bad, I liked a lot of the concepts.

The most recent episode turned me off as well. I blame the addition of a third character and the loss of his beard. This combination somehow made him douchier and desperate.

Yeah, that was kind of painful, wasn’t it? I’m still invested in the show, but I don’t think I can weather many more episodes like that last one.

-Tom

Yeah, I’ve noticed this show sliding badly this season, but it was officially renewed (as expected) for season 2 today. No word on the episode order for next year though.

I made it one episode further than you guys.

I love this show - I think the cringe humor is working out great but I can definitely see why you guys are turned off. Kristen Schaal is excellent so I hope it continues to give her work!

The guy is too much of a douchebag, and the humor was too dependent upon cringe comedy. There was some of that in the first two episodes, but it seemed his character was progressing quickly enough to make it enjoyable (for us).

Nope, this episode shows that’s the entire point.

But is it good cringe comedy? I mean, pretty much all of Kristen Schaal’s work (maybe Bob’s Burgers aside) is cringe comedy, and she’s amazing. Also I love cringe comedy in general.

As you can probably tell, it doesn’t appear to be on UK TV, even though Fox owns the main bloody pay TV service.

I’ve bailed on it, too. The Phil character is so over-the-top unlikable that I can’t keep watching. They need more setups for humor than “Phil’s a stupid jerk”.

I for some unknown reason keep watching this, the cow episode was just not funny. At least I know where Marco from Better Call Saul is working in his free time.

I’m caught up, but yeah, this series has gone from promising to off-putting. Will Forte’s character is nigh unwatchable.

Wow, if you guys thought he was extremely unlikable already, this week’s episode will do absolutely nothing to rectify that! Though he does finally get his comeuppance. And actually comes completely clean about being such a douche. I’m the only one here still watching this, huh?