The Last Man On Earth (Forte/Lord/Miller)

Au contraire. He definitely isn’t.

Just watched the season 2 opener on Hulu and loved it. Throwing in a mystery or two really kicked it off to a great start. Can’t wait for the rest of the season.

Yeah, that was so great. Every time I watch this show, I’m still amazed that it’s still on the air. This can’t possibly appeal to that many people can it? But I find it absolutely brilliant. This show can make me cringe and laugh like no other. At the same time.

What an awesome season premiere for how it represents a return to the best early bits of season one. All that season one Tuscon stuff was going nowhere fast. Literally. It was so nice to see Will Forte’s character as something other than “hapless schmuck just trying to get laid (sad trombone)” and I loved that his and Schaal’s characters were having so much fun together, meeting each other’s idiosyncracies half way. Just give me more Forte/Schaal as a mismatched but loving post-apocalyptic odd couple!

-Tom

I’m really happy they held onto Kristin Schall’s character, I liked that she chose to go with Phil in the season finale last time. And then, well, that happened (trying to respect the spoiler allergic here). Curious to see where things go from here. Honestly though, not all that curious about Jason Sudeikis’s character.

This show would be severely lessened without Schall. The two of them definitely make the show. I didn’t watch any previews for next week so I’m really curious where they’re going also.

One of the funnier/sweeter moments in the season opener was Schaal’s series of hand drawn “photographs”.

OK I am not a huge fan of <spoiler (I guess) redacted>, but that was a pretty great cameo.

Yeah, I had a sinking feeling at the appearance of that celebrity. And then the joke happened! Bravo, Last Man on Earth.

Although, frankly, I’d rather not deal with the Tuscon crew any more. Just give us more undiluted Forte and Schaal. :(

-Tom

Agreed, Tom. I watched the first 2 episodes of this season and was pleasantly surprised by how much more I liked it than the latter half of season 1.

I don’t have a particularly high bar for cringe stuff, so the entire season of Tandy being a shit and wanting to get laid was pretty tedious and I bailed partway through.

A Capella/Polka version of Informer by Snow was brilliant.

I also love how Phil kept correcting her when she said where she was waiting for him.

That was awesome. Really liking season two so far.

“Carol, it’s not a saying people are dead competition.”

I really liked how Schaal-centric that episode was. More like that one!

-Tom

I’m a little worried about how it ended. They have done a great job with Phil up to this point but the minute they introduce him to the Tucson crew he starts turning into crazy over the top Phil which I don’t find as funny.

Oprah chair was awesome. Jason Sudeikis still non-awesome.

Still loving this every week - another great one.

Holy crap, what a brutal finale. You stop taking this show seriously after a while and it bites you. I’ve never been the biggest fan of Jason Sudeikis either but he’s won me over here.

“Farts.”

I had put my Hulu Plus subscription on hold for quite a while, while I was busy with games, and then the Game of Thrones series of books. But the subscription kicked back in last week, so I’ve been catching up on Last Man on Earth. I just can’t help myself. I’ve been sacrificing sleep two nights in a row now to just watch one more episode. Last night I made it to the second last episode of the season. What a great show. Only the season finale left for tonight, and I’m happy to see that Hulu Plus reminds me that the new season starts on Sept 25th. Which means the show got renewed. Yay!

I finished the season last night. What a great call-back to see that guy again from the boat, the one who found Tandy’s brother. To introduce a new menace like that, but with a character we’ve already seen was very clever. I’m so glad the show is going to continue. That would have been a terrible cliff hanger to end the show on if there had been no more episodes.

I just caught up to the latest episode.

I can’t believe they killed a character like that. I watched it last night, and I’m still shocked.

It’s been so long I can’t even remember who they killed off now. Guess it is a good reason to go back and watch the show some more.