The Last Minute Christmas Gift Thread!

Gift cards continue to be very useful last-minute gift. Amazon also allows for instantaneously emailing gift codes.

Considerably less swanky, but for those on a budget, festive package of delicious snacks may seem too obvious, but all things being equal, usually won’t usually be frowned upon (unless you owe recipient large amounts of money, or accidentally give snacks to which recipients are allergic, or some other circumstance). American residents can count on specialty shops like Trader Joe’s and BevMo to deliver the goods. (BevMo for wine, candy, caviar, Trader Joe’s for cookies, chocolate, fresh fruit, etc.).

So, my girlfriend and I decided no gifts for each other this year and instead we go and treat ourselves to a spa day next week. Sounds good to me, I’d likely get her something like that anyway. But then last night she came to the realization that we haven’t gotten each other anything for our stockings. I just figured that was covered with the no gift rule. So now I’m stuck trying to get stocking stuffers at the last minute. I already have a magazine she likes, some chocolate and a toothbrush and toothpaste. Suggestions welcome!

Candy, nice bookmark, gourmet coffee if she likes that, tea if she doesn’t, Amazon gift card, tiny picture frame with a picture of you and her together in it, stuff like that.

I’m scratching my head over the toothbrush and toothpaste of that list.

Have you no romance in your soul, man?

Really, that sort of thing has never been uncommon, for either of us. I grew up here in Ottawa and she grew up in New Brunswick so it’s not some weird family or local thing, maybe a Canadian thing. The tea is good suggestion!

For families, you should edit together a video or some pictures of you and the kids. For single men, you’d better stick with the other suggestions.

Peanut butter works better. So I’m told.

Peanut butter in your soul? Australians are weird.