The Last of Us 2 - Hopefully Ellie Can Swim Now

Thanks!

When is Naughty Dog gonna release there games on pc. I still would ultimately prefer mouse keyboard for replay…also mods on pc.

I’m thinkin’ maybe I should pick this up, play it and sell it for a decent price. Then I get to play it quicker than waiting for a sale, but end up paying a sale price.

So much for “get woke go broke” 4M copies sold through in the first 3 days.

Getting close to the end of the game, but staying out of the spoiler thread for now to avoid any ending surprises. This game is pretty great, and even though it’s a pretty slim field this year, it’s definitely going to be one of my favorites of 2020. It’s also pretty astonishing to see the salt mine surrounding this thing. Part of me just wants to finish the thing so I can discuss.

Credits roll. 8 nights of playing (compared to 7 years for the first one). Headed to the spoiler thread…

I had assumed game studios had to pay for the rights to use someone’s likeness but Ellie was a swipe of Ellen Page without her permission and they modified her very slightly after Ellen complained. The voice is the youngest daughter on Family Ties. ND also uses the face of another actress for the villain in Uncharted without her knowledge.

BioWare I assume paid to use the Dutch male model’s head for Shepard.

That was always more in the nature of an incantation than an observation, but is this game really “woke”? Is it just the relationship between the two girls?

This will get a little into spoilers

Summary

Both playable characters Ellie and Abby are women. There’s a very important non-playable character, Lev, that is transgender. Lev is to Abby roughly what Ellie was to Joel in the first game. Ellie is queer. Abby is very muscular with a body builder physique not your typical Hollywood strong but sexy, she very much looks like she could kick the shit out of most of the men in the game.

I gotcha. I must admit, after reading about (in this thread? The other?) who Abby was supposedly based on, looking her up, then reading about how Ellie (who decidedly does not look anything like that) apparently kicks her ass hardcore, I raised an eyebrow.

It all makes sense in game there are circumstances.

Of course most of the deplorables reacting negatively haven’t and will never play the game. They just get their orders from 8chan or wherever and brigade their way to a 0 Metacritic score.

Ooof. I’ll be processing that one for some time.

If you are taking about the voice actor for Abby, Laura Bailey is very well known by D&D fans, as she is part of the famous Critical Role cast. They are pretty much all voice actors playing together, and the quality of their characterisations when they play D&D along with the quality of the adventures have made them household names in many countries.

Regarding the spoiler, I meant Jeffrey Wright as Isaac. I would have rather had that as a surprise.

The awesome Noah Caldwell-Gervais just released his 2 hour retrospective of both games and it was a great watch. Full spoilers in the video for both games (obv.).

Hands up if you in any way expected people to use the guitars in the game to create something awesome. Nothing majorly spoiler-y, but tagging it for people who want to discover the small neat surprise for themselves.

That’s cool!

This doesn’t even cover everything. Stop at 24 to avoid spoilers as 25 is more of a plot detail thing.

I know the first game is playable on PC under PS Now or whatever that’s called. Any chance the sequel will turn up one day?