The Last of Us has real heart, but not much else

I was simply curious about the rating this site had given, and I never clearly attacked the reviewer in the first place. I merely told points of the game.

"Where did pc fans say this is a masterpiece? Must not be the same people who consider doom, quake,system shock 2, deus ex and crysis masterpieces. Pc is about innovation,the last of us has none." - A lot of people have said that this has surpassed e.g. Half-Life/Half-Life 2 as their best game. You will also need to consider not everyone has played those games (e.g. Quake/Doom).

"Guess how many x360s have been sold? More than ps3s, so yeah minority." - So? Quality =/= quantity. Xbox has only one or two real exclusives (Halo, Forza Motorsport). PlayStation has a diverse amount of good/excellent exclusives: Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, inFamous, etc.etc.

"How many sales that game has? around 3 which is higher than any ps3 exlusives, if they are so good then why they dont sell?" - First of all, it's close to 4 million it has sold. Secondly, it has been in stores for a month or so, and most likely a lot of people will buy it as a gift for Christmas or some other holiday. And lastly, no, it has not sold higher than any exclusive. It has sold the fastest of PS3 games in 2013.

"Again, Linear design yet very borring and repettive encounters." - You sure you don't want to detail that? That includes every single linear game on this Earth, dude.

"if you dont get what that means, its the same reason why games with diffirent maps and objectives are better than pacman and tetris and pong." - Different maps/landscapes in TLoU? Check. Different objectives in TLoU? Check. Things to do while walking? Check.

You seriously tried to compare CoD (game with different maps and objectives) with TLoU?

"Sure lets look at the user ratings, sim city, diablo, cod, all have horrible ratings because clueless fucktards who DO NOT play those games are butthurt and make a counts just to rate them with 0." - Jesus Christ... it shows what THE USERS think of the game. Sure, they might not reflect your views of games, but they sure do reflect the userbase views.

You seriously tried to counter user scores from games?... do tell me. Why doesn't The Last of Us have mediocre user score everywhere, if all Xbox/Nintendo/PC fans hate it?

"The design of this game is the same as bioshock infintie and alan wake, filler repettive gameplay." - Ah ffs, here we go again. I won't even answer to this.

"Shoting is subpar, stealth is subpar also the game is glitchy." - That's not what the user score/reviews say. Sure, it has glitches, but nothing that breaks the game.

You're welcome to attempt to justify your views against the game again.

I doubt the hl2 fanboys said that.

"So? Quality =/= quantity."

But rating equals quality? cod keeps getting 8.5, bioshock infinite is a dumbed down bioshock. Halo is getting 9.0s and gta iv got a 10. Actually its around 3 million and no most ps3 exlusives have not reached 3 mililions.

"You seriously tried to compare CoD (game with different maps and objectives) with TLoU?"

WHERE THE FUCK did i compared it with cod? If anything i compared it with half life, but fore the sake of argument,yes cod does have more variety in objectives and situations than the repettive trash that alan wake, bioshock infinite and the last of us are.

"You seriously tried to counter user scores from games?."

1 paragraph of "i hate cod because it fucking sucks" and "fuck you ea and your shitty drm" does not quality as a review, how can xbox/nintendo and pc fans hate a game they cant play? They just dont rate it, you are the one who goes around saying that even they like it, whey they cant play it to formulate an opinion thus being in the majority as you say, one platform= minority.

He made a point on far cry 2 gameplay and its innovation and how far cry 3 was a let down, where every dumb fuck outhere diregarded black ops 2 he showed how the game improved and innovated for the franchise that was stale. He proved that bioshock infinite is a repettive borring game and not a 9.5 game like it revolutionized the genre, nuff said.

Yeah? Okay, I guess you'll stick to your point locked into your grumpy, immature mind. No reason to try to dispute that, you're already lost. :)

What? Oh, right. I happen to have made those comments within a few minutes of each other, and you type that almost half a day later. Yeah, keep believing that I'm the troll. Happy 30th comment on one page!

Again, that self-indulged, incredibly biased view that nobody can help. Yeah, so a flamewar involves offering things? My "shit" literally probably has more worth than your brain. Okay, don't reply with your horrible reasons, kindly suck a dick, and goodbye. XD

lol.. you really like him don't ya?

Actually, Tom Chick joined most other critics who enjoyed Black Ops 2. People aren't dumb fucks for wanting something different in the COD franchise. The changes in Black ops 2 were negligible. It still felt like the same old COD. And with yearly installments of the COD franchise, it's getting really old. I hate COD-esque shooters, even battlefield. They all feel the same to me.

Bioshock Infinite is a breath of fresh air compared to other FPS shooters like COD and Battlefield. He didn't "prove" anything. He expressed his opinion, and people are free to agree or disagree. What he says isn't factual, no review is factual, they are opinions. He didn't prove anyone wrong, he just had a different opinion than most. An opinion that I disagreed with, and most other people disagreed as well. You and Tom are in the minority. If Tom's take on games really gels with your playstyle, good for you.

This website seems to breed a lot of contrarians, they seem to subscribe to the unpopular view just for the sake of being different. That's why I think this is a hipster website. It has everything a hipster could want: Reviews that take the opposite opinion from everyone else. I believed you were a hipster gamer, and Tom was your hipster god.

I still think your views on games are swayed by his reviews. Even if you give a game a shot, you have a preconceived belief that the game will be good or bad based on Tom's critique. So you don't think for yourself, you let Tom think for you. If he likes it, you like it. If not, you don't.

Let me ask you this: Did you ever DISAGREE with one of Tom's reviews? If so, name some games you disagreed with his review.

"The changes in Black ops 2 were negligible"

Says someone who propably supports other franchises with more negligible changes. I have seen that bias before.

Ok then, what "changes" must be done to cod? Dont say put big maps and vehicles and remove the killstreaks. Thats bf.

" It still felt like the same old COD"

Felt less like cod than most fps outhere. Thas how cod ripoffs fps have become.

"I hate COD-esque shooters, even battlefield. They all feel the same to me.'

Then abandon them and look forward to titanfall destiny and division.

"Bioshock Infinite is a breath of fresh air"

I hate people who say that. The game is linear with 2 weapon typical system and more or less plays like most fps. Its like you wanted to kiss bioshock and instead it burped and gave you a breath of stinky mouth air.

Dishonored is a breath of fresh air, deus ex is a breath of fresh air, by putting colors in a cod clone you dont make a completly diffirent game.

The upcoming shadow warrior and rise of the triad are breath of fresh air.

Actually he did prove those things and a review is always an opinion, yes i read Tom's review because he is in the minority and thats good. The so called "critics" are a bunch of clueless retard that more pre-view the game rather re-view it.

They dont know what games are, this is where you throw the world "hipster" which apparently became cool on teh internetz by mainstream posters, but we played games since the freaking 90s, we obviously have played far more games with more gameplay mechanics, what gives those morons the right to review games if they started in 2006?

Ok let me check this out

"Reviews that take the opposite opinion from everyone else"

"I still think your views on games are swayed by his reviews."

If the majority is a bunch of casual paid off retards that started gaming in 2006, then why would i listen to their bullshit?

I dissagree with his assasin creed 3 review. 5/5 NOPE, but atleast the game was better than most shit that came out recently.

"This website seems to breed a lot of contrarians, they seem to subscribe
to the unpopular view just for the sake of being different."

OR MAYBE just FUCKING MAYBE, the reason we are on this site is because we hate the retarded views of the "mainstream" media.

Kinda how pc gamers hate consolized trash and praise indie games.

Get that "or the sake of being different." out of your head, if the whole world jerked off cows, would you join them just to be "cool" if the wholed world listend to justin bieber you would join them just to be good? I dont know if you are a teenager, but if you are, get rid of this mass popularity focus, be your own individual, dont do something because everyone else does, it turns you into a mindless sheep without any arguing in logic. It makes you incapable in seeing the flaws in the logic of the decision of the masses. You basicly become one of them and dont even know why and if anyone dares say something diffirent, the masses will cast him out and uphold the current status no matter how wrong it is.

Thats how the world works,they braiwash you on tv to tell you their politics are right, they brainwash you to tell you that this music is "cool" and you should like it. They brainwash you in games to tell you that "this game is cool and that one is bad because we say so"

Hey look gta iv 10/10. It was 9.5/10 initially but then the check arrived and the score was raised. Hey look mgs4 got graphics king while crysis and far cry 2 were around. Hey look bioshock infinite and the last of us got 9.5s and 10s like they revolutionized gaming, but when Alan wake did the same a few years ago, before "story and narrative focus" were "cool" so it didnt get shit. Had it be released now and go with the flow it would have get 9.5 and 10s as well.

After all we just follow the path given by the walking dead games and rate games based on story and narrative since the gameplay is dead these days.

I meant no other review here got as much comments than this not even a fraction of it.

I could show you some pictures of that the fans of Half-Life 2 said they liked TLoU more, if I remembered the link.

"But rating equals quality? cod keeps getting 8.5, bioshock infinite is a dumbed down bioshock. Halo is getting 9.0s and gta iv got a 10. Actually its around 3 million and no most ps3 exlusives have not reached 3 mililions." - Which results in that you should look at the user scores. You said earlier that reviewer ratings were illogical, so why do you use them as a reference now?

"WHERE THE FUCK did i compared it with cod? If anything i compared it with half life, but fore the sake of argument,yes cod does have more variety in objectives and situations than the repettive trash that alan wake, bioshock infinite and the last of us are." - I used CoD as an example, as it is a widely-known franchise. And you now truly compared it to The Last of Us. Campaigns of both games are basically equally linear. Multiplayer is not comparable.

"1 paragraph of "i hate cod because it fucking sucks" and "fuck you ea and your shitty drm" does not quality as a review, how can xbox/nintendo and pc fans hate a game they cant play? They just dont rate it, you are the one who goes around saying that even they like it, whey they cant play it to formulate an opinion thus being in the majority as you say, one platform= minority." -

Let me quote you from earlier:

"Sure lets look at the user ratings, sim city, diablo, cod, all have horrible ratings because clueless fucktards who >>DO NOT play those games<< are butthurt and make a counts just to >>rate them with 0.<<" - So now you're saying they're not rating them, when earlier you said they're rating them with ridiculously low scores, raters being even the guys who don't play them? You're contradicting yourself, son.

Listen "son"

You cay "loot at the user ratings"

a. Yet you came to that site instead of looking at the ratings. You contradict yourself.

b. One paragraph of bullshit with no actual reviewing cannot be taken seriosuly, user ratings are biased.

Like i said the last of us campaign is repettive as hell cod isnt. Also you cant compare a bunch of hl2 players with actual hl2 fans. Thats like picking someone who rates everything with 9.5s and 10s and saying "hey look those FANS like the last of us"

a) I came to the site to view the review itself and the comment section, because I expected a lot of people to be on barricades for the score the review gave (3/5 - which means 60/100% in Metacritic, in which this review was), thus your argument is invalid. Plus this site apparently does not have user score system.

b) Not the point - if you claim a game sucks, why isn't it voted down in User Scores in sites like IGN, GameSpot, Polygon etc.etc.

TLoU campaign is repetitive but CoD isn't? Are you on drugs...? No? Then do tell me, why do people tell they got bored to one or two CoD-campaigns (don't tell me you can play e.g. CoD 4 campaigns and MW2 campaigns, I am talking about one game, doesn't matter what, from CoD-franchise) and still play TLoU through multiple times? Don't give me that "they're fanboys"-crap, please.

"Also you cant compare a bunch of hl2 players with actual hl2 fans." - Sooo... according to your logic the people that play HL2 are inferior to people who are obsessed with HL2, is that about right?

a)Yes people are pissed of butthurts on games they have not even played, bashing the reviewer for rating it lower than everyone else, without even reading the review, had it been the same as anyone else, no one would remember this site or the reviewer, it will be just another review and no one would care. Am just saying this to point out just how its always the squakey gear that gets the grease.

b)It is the same on those sites too, but they do a better job than metacritic to remove those troll reviews.

Cod campaign is not repettive or borring. Why ill just pick Resident evil 6. That game had alot of memorable moments and diffirent objectives, just like cod, the last of us and bioshock infinite, had one type of gameplay and do it again and again and again, there is no variety, same thing from start to finish.

" Sooo... according to your logic the people that play HL2 are inferior to people who are obsessed with HL2, is that about right?"

I played half life 2 as aswell but i am not a fanboy, does that make me a hl2 fan that liked the last of us? Nope. The real hl2 fans cant like this game, only those nerd who WANT to have a female character around, there is something wrong with those biased retards.

It also has the third highest user score for a playstation 3 game on metacritique are these 2404 games not credible either.

I am my own individual. I started gaming when I was 3. That's the early 90s. I started with the NES with games like Punchout, Mario etc.

I don't let reviewers dictate my opinion. I've disagreed with many many reviews. For instance, I think GTA IV is the most overrated game this entire generation. Every gaming publication gives it 10/10's, and I thought it was just okay. I would give it a 6/10.

Elder Scrolls Oblivion - I also thought it was overrated. 6/10 Not for me. I played for a while, but returned it.

Skyrim - Overrated 7/10 - Played for a while but returned it.

Halo franchise = Overrated. I enjoyed Halo 1 and 2, the later ones aren't as good. I think they are good games, but they are overrated as well.

I thought FF7 was overrated, and I enjoyed FF8 much more.

Borderlands got good reviews, and I don't like Borderlands series

All my friends buy COD games, they ask me to buy it too, but I say no. I'm not buying another COD game because it's the same junk every year. They make yearly installments of it. It's not a sports game, I don't need to play the same thing every year. If they waited a 2-3 years between release I probably wouldn't be sick of it. Familiarity breeds contempt.

So I don't have a mainstream mentality, I think for myself. I just think this site is a contrarian website. It does take the opposite approach of most other reviews.

Bioshock infinite was unique for a FPS. It's much different than other FPS on the market. Yes, it was linear, but not every game can be open world. I believe they originally wanted to make it more open world, and have areas to explore, but since it was multiplatform, they couldn't do it. PS3 and PC could because PS3 has blu ray, and PC is the most powerful platform. But Xbox 360 needs multiple discs to play a lot of content, so Multiplat games have to be dumbed down for Xbox 360. I still thought it was a great game though.

I do agree that Dishonored was a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed that game.

Alan Wake wasn't nearly as good as the Last of Us. The gameplay was repetitive and boring imo.

I actually enjoyed the gameplay in the Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. It has nothing to do with what other reviewers say.

Why would I spend $60 on a game and pretend I like it because other people did? I don't do that. I bought Skyrim and returned it because I didn't like it that much. I've done that with a ton of games.

Ok so you rate gta iv and oblivion with 6/10 yet you are angry for the lat of us and bioshock infinite getting 6/10 from Tom.

There is NOTHING unique about Call of boreshock, infinite repetitive gunfights.

Instead of simply being BIOSHOCK it decided to be a linear 2 weapons shooter with a halo like shield regeneration and removing the big nonlinear levels, hacking and multiple ammo types, even toning down the art style and copy the borderlands playing setup.

Hell the vigors are there just becuase bioshock had plasmids and APPARENTLY thats what bioshock was all about. They trully do not belong in the world of columbia, they are forced here.

If anything they changed the game to be more like every game in the market, so NO its not unique and that notion that every little bit of diffirence makes a game diffirent is retarded, it makes all games play alike.

"but cod"

Cod is cod, the changes did not affect the formula. Bioshock infinite however is no longer bioshock, just like Dead space 3 is no longer a dead space game or resident evil 6 a RE game.

You dont wanna know how diffirent bioshock infinite originally was.

I can go on forever. How the original bioshock had infinite's story. Or how infinite was gonna be open world, how you could controller the patriors by hacking, or how you get random upgrades and once you apply them you got to stick with them for the rest of the game and how elizabeth ai was gonna be revolutionary.

Or the scripted 2009 demo or the FAR BETTER 2011 demo that was not in the actual game.

The result is laughable, doesnt deserve a 9 or higher for no reason whatsoever.

"Multiplat games have to be dumbed down for Xbox 360'

On the other hand uncharted 2 used the same godamn low res textures everywhere, just saying.

"Alan Wake wasn't nearly as good as the Last of Us. The gameplay was repetitive and boring imo."

and the last of us and bioshock infinite were not?

The Last of Us wasn't repetitive. Alan Wake you fought the same enemies the whole game. You shined a light on them, then shot them. There's more variety in The Last of Us with Clickers, runners, stalkers and bloaters, plus humans. Bioshock Infinite had different enemy types as well.

compared to most other shooters (battlefield, COD, Medal of Honor) Bioshock Infinite felt a lot different. It was a breath of fresh air. I did miss the hacking in Bioshock 1 and 2.

What would you score Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us? And what is your Game of The year so far?

a) ... nothing to say. If it receives a lower score than the most have given, of course it gets flamed. For a reason. You can read the review, sure, but it will reflect the score.

b) How the hell do you remove bad user SCORES as in NUMBERS from 1-10/10 like in IGN?!

"Cod campaign is not repettive or borring." - Yes, because your opinions totally reflect everyone's opinions. Sure, go ahead, hate on TLoU and adore CoD, but expect to be in the extreme minority... at least for the TLoU part.

"The real hl2 fans cant like this game" - Jesus Christ. Here we go again. OPINIONS. You can't go around and tell people to hate e.g. The Last of Us and love Half-Life 2 or vice versa, because PEOPLE HAVE FREE WILL to like what they want.

Now, you're saying real Half-Life 2 fans can't like this game. That's just wrong. Ever heard of an idea which is called "liking more than 1 thing = opinion"? You can like HL2 and TLoU. And you CAN, despite what you say, like TLoU the most even if you had played Half-Life, Quake, Red Dead Redemption etc.

But just don't attempt to bash The Last of Us. Please. For your own sake. It will gain nothing but misery to you, if you go post that out loud. Just a tip.

a)What does that mean? Games come out fanboys bash the reviewer because the site they visited before it gave it higher WITHOUT having played the game. They HOPE it will be great, that is part of the problem, there is alot of emotional bias from gamers who have not played the game.

b) What you mean?

No am saying there are np life losers who get excited and emotionaly attached because there is a girl in the game rather for the actual gameplay.

Yes you can like both games or dislike them for diffirent reasons, but hl2 was about physics and Alyx, the last of us has diffirent gameplay as bioshock infinite. If you say "even hl2 fans liked the game" You are reffering to hl2 as it has some sort of specific gameplay that is mirrored in the last of us or the exact opposite and i am just saying, maybe they liked the game for the same reason they liked bioshock infinite "girls". That is not a reason as to why you should like a game.

"But just don't attempt to bash The Last of Us. Please. For your own
sake. It will gain nothing but misery to you, if you go post that out
loud. Just a tip."

Sure lets ignore how mediocre the graphics are, lets ignore how glitchy the game is, lets ignore the floaty shootng mechanics, the subpar stealth, the bad ai and the repettive campaign that drags on.

10/10

Next time a reviewer bashes gunplay in a game or stealth sections ill scream SO DID LAST OF US 10/10. Next tme they bash repetition and bugs SO DID LAST OF US 10/10.

There is a lot of bias from those so called "Critics"

Are you gonna claim that bioshock infinite was not repettive as well?

Like i said on the previous post its the same thing all over.

No not really bioshock infinite may have diffirent visuals and settings but fundamentaly plays the same as most fps outhere, another exmaple of this will be syndicate.

The last of us can get an 8-8.5 But not 9.5 or higher, there game games that did more for gaming and not every year there must be one game that gets 9.5s and 10s.

Bioshock infinite was around an 8, till i finished it and i was dissapointed from the ending, then i googled a bit the developement of the game, the lies Ken levine said, saw the superior E3 demos and compared it with the original bioshock. Then i compared it with fps outhere and how bad the shooting is in bioshock infinite and i decided the game worths a 6.5 at worst and a 8 at best. Not 8,5 or 9.0s

The year has is far from over, i expect shadowrun returns or rise of the triad or saints row iv to be among the best, but so far the best i played was deadpool.

Which apparently relies on funny dialogues rather gameplay, but in the end people liked the last of us and bioshock infinite for the emotion the dialogues and story caused rather its subpar gameplay. So i dont see how you cant say that deadpool is a good game by simply being funny. In the end i had more fun with it than most games in years.

Ofcourse the gameplay is not very impressive but its not bad at all. If you compare the shooting/stealth mechanics in the lat of us with other games outhere you will see thta they are inferior. If you compare the shooting mechanics in bioshock infniite with other shooters, you will also see they are inferior.

Now if you compae deadpool with other hack and slash games released recently like dmc or darksiders 2, you will see that they are not far from them. So i cant call deadpool's gameplay "Bad". Its actually pretty good.