The Magicians - TV

Agreed. Especially A Life and Under Pressure. Wow.

I also didn’t like the way they wrapped the season, it hit a on a trope that’s a pet peeve of mine, but I feel like like they’ve earned my trust in all the other Season 3 episodes so I’m willing to roll with it.

While I enjoyed the season, I think they went too far with the unexpected plot twist – and the closely related “hurry up” – aspects of the show this year.

Too many things coming from outta nowhere. One is fine, two might be okay. Five, six? Nope. Too many.

Just caught up on season 3. By far the best of the 3 seasons - much less attempts at trying to be ‘edgy’, and just all out fun while retaining the ‘dark’ atmosphere. Some of the lines this season were phenomenal - “…but now we have depth and character” “How long will the quest take? Oh, about a season…” . Just awesome fun.

Season 4 just showed up on Netflix!

Not sure if anyone is still watching this. A life in the day is one of my favorite episodes of the Magicians. I think the two-parter they just did might come close to it. There is a part that is very reminiscent of Douglas Adams.

Fucking Todd? That’s the real lunacy.

I know this show wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I thought it was great especially after they began hitting their stride in season 3. I was thrilled that they managed to wrap it up with a quite decent ending to the series.

Nothing beats Eliot’s rendition of ‘Don’t Get Me Wrong’ in season 4 though. Learned how to play it on Rocksmith soon thereafter.

Yeah, as much as I wasn’t a huge fan of the first novel (only one I read) and the fact that the show is rather heavy-handed at all times, I was very very happy with the ending and found the whole last season really quite touching. Really well done overall.