The Many Other Crimes of Donald J Trump

How many dumb things does he have to do to refute this proof? We all agree he’s done some dumb things, don’t we?

I guess there are different kinds of dumb.

I would say that DeSantis probably has the ability to do basic information processing at a competent level. Like, if you told him the same kinds of bullshit that he tells his idiot constituents, he would know it was bullshit. So he’s smarter than they are.

But at the same time, I think he’s made tactical errors, like picking this fight with Disney, because he thought it would play out differently.

Also, bear in mind that BAD things aren’t necessarily DUMB, if your goal is just increasing political power. In some cases, these things which I would consider dumb and counter productive (like shipping immigrants to NYC) probably did in fact benefit DeSantis from a tactical political perspective.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1663635214004781058

Ken Paxton will say literally anything to prevent himself from being impeached.

DeSantis is like Cruz and Kennedy, not dumb but bottomlessly cynical and determined to exploit the rubes as a path to power. The only sincere aspect of their political personae is the desire to strike back at other elites who would never accept them

Ya, that sums it up… Big Ted Cruz energy.

This, but also they are not nearly as smart as they think they are, which leads to the tactical errors mentioned above.

This. DeSantis sends out huge “I’m the smartest person in the story” vibes, while apparently a lot of it is simple Dunning-Kruger effect.

Of course, it’s not just about how smart they are but how dumb their voters are… and that’s a bottomless amount of dumb. Kinda throws our whole attempt at applying rational logic right out the window.

Maybe some context, now that tw***er links don’t show any preview?

THIS. I’m guessing I’m not the only one that has decided to just not click any Twitter links, now that they aren’t rendering in the forum. I can’t decide if they broke this functionality on purpose to drive traffic to the site, or they broke it on accident and since 80% of the employees have been fired and theydo t know how to fix it. But it’s become easy to just ignore Twitter links with no context.

Yeah what the heck is going on with that? I thought maybe it was one of my Firefox extensions causing this but I guess it’s a general issue.

My understanding is that you have to pay Twitter for it to work, but I didn’t look into it much.

Edit:
Related for those on desktops.

Windows+shift+S is your friend.

But seriously, Twitter is such a fucking pit now. When I do click on those links, the pay for checkmark nonsense pushes total trash to the top of every tweet’s replies.

The platform is dead, just no one has told it yet.

Relevant Reddit thread from today:
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/13vycwl/aoc_threatens_to_leave_twitter_after_elon_musk/

about 25% of the 2500 comments are to the effect of: “get off of Twitter already for the love of God”

Unfortunately it shows me the OP was deleted by moderators.

But yeah, she should leave.

FxZd3OIWAAEhafC

Hey is this fascist behavior?