The Marvel Cinematic Universe Post-Endgame

So… what they’re saying is that I should skip phase 4.

The first season of Daredevil is still amazing, so if more ninjas and martial arts means putting the resources and talent into place to give us that kind of thing, I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it.

I mean yeah, if you’re not interested in any of that, then you do you. I think that’s how it works.

The ninja halves of Daredevil S1 and S2 were the weaker parts, tho.

In any case, Shang-chi is 1970s fake Chinese martial arts, not 1980s fake Japanese ninjas, so totally different.

It’s more like, it now really hit me that this is the end of an era. Just like the end of the Marvel Netflix era, I don’t think the quality of characters and movies we had for the Endgame era is coming back. I’m happy to be proved wrong, but none of this stuff sounds appealing at the same level as Captain America and Iron Man. And why would anyone want to see Natasha’s movie after Endgame?

I would have agreed, but my recent realization as a Star Wars fan has made me realize that going backwards and seeing origin stories can be a lot of fun. It wasn’t a perfect movie, but Solo was a blast to watch, despite me already knowing that character’s fate.

Similarly, Natasha’s a bit of an enigma prior to Iron Man 2. As long as she’s not fighting aliens or super-villains, she is a badass, and I’m looking forward to seeing more of her story.

The fact that Natasha’s movie will feature Taskmaster as a villain should be enough for most people to go see it IMO. He’s one of Marvel’s best.

Of course, when the MCU started everyone complained that they were getting Captain America and Iron Man instead of Spider-man and X-Men.

…and now we will get almost all of the Marvel Universe all at the same time!

Weird complaint since they didn’t own either of those.

We knew that, but your average person probably had no clue about the contracts. They just thought ‘who the Hel is Thor’

Did the not geek, nerd, comic book… average person even know who Captain America was. I thought the bulk only new about X-Men because we got the movies.

If it’s entertaining and word of mouth was great for Iron Man, people have a tendency to go see it. If these future movies are good, I suspect a lot people will see them even if Jane Thor and a post EndGame Widow seems weird to me too.

This makes sense to me now. With Thor going off with the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor 4 being about a new Thor sounds better to me than continuing with the old Thor.

Not weird at all to comics fans at the time. Spider-man and the X-Men had been part of the same comics universe as Captain America and Iron Man for 40 years, and were vastly more popular, both with the general public and with comics fans.

At the time, Marvel saying, “We’re doing the Marvel universe in movie form … but without Spider-man and the X-Men because we screwed up our old movie deals” was as if Warners were to say, “We’re doing a movie version of the DC universe … but without Superman or Batman.”

Well these same fans were also nerd/geek whatever enough to know about the movie deals. It’s not as if there’s an undo button with that, is what I mean. Complaining they were’t starting using something they don’t own and can’t start with is still… weird.

Thor 4 will still star Emsworth, though.

If you want to get people excited, you announce the Fantastic 4; you announce X-Men; you announce a Hulk standalone, or a standalone X-person, or she-Hulk. What they announced is equivalent to telling people, ‘we have nothing for you for the next year’, IMO.

The only one of these that interests me is Thor.

Black Widow should have been made before Endgame. Enough with all the prequels.

Iron Man, Guardians, Ant Man, and most other MCU characters were “3rd tier” no one cares about before the MCU made people care about them.

It’s funny how history is repeating itself with phase 4. The fact that I don’t know who most of these Phase 4 characters are makes me more excited, not less!

Given what they did with Wonder Woman and now Thor I find it hard to believe they wouldn’t pick some 95 pound model to portray the character. :(