The Mighty Boosh - BBC comedy

Just off the top of my head, I think my favorite episodes were “Bollo,” “Tundra” and “The Legend of Old Gregg.”

I’m surprised at how expensive the Region 1 DVDs are. $20-25 per season? I got the complete, three-season Region 2 box set from HMV for something like $15 a few months back.

Granted, it’s not that cheap now, but still, it pays to import.

There’s a 3-disc “deluxe set” coming out in October. Amazon has it for preorder for about $56. I think that’s the route I’ll go for DVDs. Maybe it’ll have some of their live stuff on it. $25 per season is pretty steep when you consider they only did 8 eps in S. 1 and 6 each in 2 and 3.

The Region 2 set had two discs per season, and plenty of bonus material. Very little live stuff, alas.

I’m Old GREGGGGG!!!

What, no love for Milky Joe? Their best episode, ever, I think. Pierre at the window… marvelous.

For Boosh fans, find the audio plays (First season, bascially, as radio plays) also check out Chris Morris’ Blue Jam album for some cameos by Booshers. Also, look at The Day Today for additional cameos: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8078220981872692177

like the League of Gentlemen was a showcase for Shearsmith et al.

Keep an eye out for Psychoville if you liked League of Gentlemen

Funny to realize that Fielding is the Goth in the basement in “The IT Crowd”.

Oh, League of Gentlemen, gosh I loved that show :)

Seen it. Not as outright funny as LoG, but definitely weirder. :)

Is there going to be a second series, do you know?

I’ve no idea tbh, I’d hope so given the nature of the ending. I was never a huge fan of LoG, I appreciated the style and the writing more than its ability to actually make me laugh, it was just a little too dark for me but I thought they suited a black comedy/drama like this to a tee.

He is hilarious in that. Especially the first episode where he is introduced.

It looks like they’re saving the live stuff for yet ANOTHER DVD release. I hope this gets released for Region 1 eventually. I have quite a collection of DVD players already, so I’m not really interested in hunting down a multi-region one.

Neither Noel Fielding nor Julian Barratt appeared in The Day Today. It was made in 1994 - before either of them were active in comedy. They’re not in the TDT.

Check and see if any of your existing players can be hacked to become multi-region players. If any of them are made by Philips, it’s almost guaranteed they can be.

My bad. I swore Howard Moon was in there. I was obviously wrong.

I saw my first episode sometime after 2am while I was awake feeding my new son. I had the volume low so I wouldn’t wake my wife. I could barely hear what they were saying and it just made it that much more like a bad acid trip. It was the episode where they wear big afros with a door in it and fight some betamax villian. It was so weird that I couldn’t change the channel. I had to watch it.

It really made me feel … off. I guess my sleep-deprived brain just couldn’t process the reality of that show at that time in the morning and at a volume too low to really tell what was going on. shudder

We finished watching the second season on the weekend, and I loved it so much that I’m afraid to watch the third for fear of it tainting the awesomeness. That last episode, with the coconut people on the desert island, was pure genius.

The third series actually does a fairly decent job maintaining the quality, I thought. Particularly the episode where Howard gets possessed by the malevolent spirit of Scat. Skee-dabba!

I thought the live show was a bit crap though, and a lot of people I know who love the show tend to agree.

Now, if only we could get a Region 1 release of Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace… I can’t seem to find my Region 2 DVD.