The most videogame thing you'll see all week: Open Grave

It is a dark and stormy night. You wake up among a pile of bodies in the bottom of an open pit. You have no memory of who you are or how you got here.

CHECK INVENTORY You have a ring of keys. You have a Zippo lighter. SEARCH BODIES You find a gun. It’s loaded. A woman throws a rope down to you.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/09/15/videogame-thing-youll-see-week-open-grave/

I love all the text adventure references that have been creeping into your stuff lately! I’d consider bumping to $10 just to vote for you to review Planetfall.

Whoa, Planetfall. There’s a blast from the past. If I’m remembering it correctly, isn’t that the one where the robot dies? Take that, Aerith!

-Tom

That’s the one! But it turns out ok in the end. Actually now that I think about it maybe I should vote on your Wednesday YouTube thing, Infocom games would make a pretty decent “play along” thing with your viewers.

Floyd is one of the all time great videogame characters.

I keep voting for Trinity but haven’t hit with it yet.

Ah Trinity, yet another classic! And since my last post I’ve been thinking about what my choice would be. Definitely either Planetfall or maybe Zork for historical value, or then maybe A Mind Forever Voyaging, my probably second favorite Infocom game. Lurking Horror was good for Lovecraftian horror in a text adventure. And then got to give credit to Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxynfor catching the feel of the books. Tough call!

Trinity just won Request Wednesday thanks to four of us voting for it, so show up on Wednesday and help Tom

PUT BALL
THERE IS NO BALL THERE

Ha, I just saw in the streaming thread that some troll pick won! But this is an awesome pick! Suck it, @marquac!

I wonder if there will ever be a movie not made better by Copley being in it.

Correction:
“as if he [is] trying to club it into submission”