The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Snow day at the Oregon Zoo:

From reddit: “So much snow in Portland they had to close the zoo. A worker skied in to check on the animals and to film this.”

That elephant was meant to be a woolly mammoth. :)

My favorite is the seal at ~1:40. Just starts tapping the other ‘oy, oy, oy, get a load of this, oy, oy’

North Carolina? That’s what happened in Raleigh. It’s 73°F here right now and there’s still snow on the ground in shaded areas.

It’s now officially snowing in London. Winter at last! For maybe a few hours!

Here in the nation’s capitol, we’re having a 65°F day… whereas it didn’t crack the freezing mark just two days ago and I guess Saturday we’re looking at ice and snow. Weird, but it’s nice to have an unexpected Spring day in the middle of February.

OMG you are a month ahead of us all! D:

Quick thaw here followed by a day plus of rain led to this:

Followed up with temps dipping below freezing tonight. Tomorrow is gonna suuuuck.

Kids were out of school for the first two days of the week here in Charlotte, and today it’s 70. I’ve still got sleds sitting on the back porch and snow melting next to the driveway.

Yep. GF and I were planning to do a date night last weekend when snow ruined that. Now she’s pissed because she’s gotta go dig a warm-weather appropriate dress out of storage to go out this weekend, instead.

NC is fuckin weird man.

Oh man… I’m gonna blame this on just plain wishful thinking. I’m going to come right out and say that it’s Friday too.

I just went to work out in shorts and a T-shirt, no coat. In Boston.

K, in fairness, that’s usually how I traipsed around for most of the year because I was a fucking idiot child.

Also, I just really hate jackets/coats. On the bad days, I’d go for the same hideous, stained green medium-weight coat over jeans and a t-shirt.

I feel ya guys. It was winter here for two full days in Orlando. Down near 36F one night.

And by winter you mean fall. :P

I don’t even wear a jacket when its 36F out. :p

Same in Tampa. We’ve covered the plants 3 times when it was approaching freezing over here this season and it only got as low as 36F on one of those days. Probably running the air conditioning tomorrow.

We got his by an ice storm yesterday, which is continuing through today. The road crews can’t keep up with it, so they’ve basically given up until it stops tonight. No matter how many times the police say to stay home, people keep trying to drive places. There have been multiple deaths on the highways, yet people keep thinking they are fine in their SUVs.

I’ve often found that those drivers are the most likely ones to wind up in ditches. The number of Jeeps or F-150s I see compared to, say, Prius’ is laughably lopsided.

Keep in mind I live in Chicago, drive an Insight myself, and Hybrids are one of the most common vehicle types here, so that comparison is somewhat meaningful.

Bad juju in Georgia and headed for Florida. Tornado warnings, high winds, heavy rain. Be safe folks.