The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

The current condition of the main spillway at Oroville Dam:

— Alan

Wow, that helicopter really puts the size of that thing into perspective.

Record-breaking 3 80+ F days here in Raleigh in February, and hottest February on record in 130+ years. YAY

So here it is. February, in Chicago, and we have tornadoes. As in actual, on the ground, tornadoes.

About 2.5 months early.

Supposed to be near 80 degrees here in Annapolis today. A full month before we usually have a chance to get near those temps. We’ve seen maybe 2" of snow this winter and our average is close to 16". What a winter.

Great photos and drone footage over time of the Oroville Dam.

Looks like the last major storm of the Winter is on its way for the Northeast.

Man, I’m supposed to be flying through Charlotte to Houston tomorrow. Hope all that mess up in the NE doesn’t cause ripple-effect flight delays.

It just might! A bunch of my friends got stuck in Boston after PAX when it hadn’t even started snowing yet -.-

Also, crazy dude. You’ll be a little closer to @Alstein than me. Wave at him when you fly over :P

You’d also be close to me! I leave tomorrow AM to head to Savannah for St. Patrick’s Day though. Fortunately I’m driving, the worst we are getting down here is a little rain.

Outside of tomorrow, Charlotte is a major hub, if any of you ever get stuck there, please PM me and let me know. I’ll come rescue you for the price of one beer. (I pick the beer.)

Well, so far so good, no delays yet. I’m sitting in a rocking chair in the Charlotte airport (apparently that’s their thing, got a whole row of them) and my next flight is showing on time. Glad I’m not going north, though, nothing but red on the flight status for pretty much everything north of DC.

Y’know, Skipper, I make it out to Charlotte for concerts semi-regularly. Not sure if you’re much for heavy metal, but if I ever actually make out with a reasonable amount of lead-time before the show, you’ll have to show me a good place to grab a beer I can complain about somewhere near the Fillmore :)

That works for me. Lots of good eating and drinking down that way. If nothing else I can uber down and go see something down there prior to your shows. As for the concert, it depends on how heavy metal we’re talking. Remember I’m an old fart. I do like concerts though. By the way, what the fuck happened to big venue concert prices. Good god, they have not only kept pace with inflation, they have increased by 10-12 times that.

Oh yeah, for sure, ticket prices are nuts. That’s the upshot of the metal shows, though. Most of em are dirt cheap :)

Next thing I’m getting down to Charlotte for is probably Testament and Sepultura in April (16). Sabaton and Leaves Eyes after that in May. Actually that might be an ideal time to hang out, since I’d probably be coming from TN that day and have time to kill before the show. And Sabaton’s not too crazy heavy. If you like history/warfare, basically all their albums are about cool old battles and generals :)

I’m taking the girlfriend to see U2’s Joshua Tree tour this year. It’s a huge area, Cardinal Stadium. We took upper tier but close to stage. $330 a pop. To even be close to the stage was $1K plus, with some going as high as $2500. Non-seated floor was $70 I believe. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure part of it is that it’s catered to all the fuckers in my age range who are going back to see U2 for the exact same reason. Still though …

Okay so I’m balking at maybe dropping $70 for the good seats at Slayer in Raleigh… I think my average show is about $25, though… And that’s mostly from half being at $10 hole in the walls and half being at $35 Live Nation joints…

Of course, Flogging Molly and Flaming Lips will be more. What I get for going to non metal!

$70 isn’t bad for seats at all. To be honest, if we weren’t old fucks, $70 for floor for U2 isn’t too horrible either. Screw that though. I’d much rather be comfortable when I know that’s going to be a good long show.

This was impressive to watch. Looks like a few people had a crappy start to the day.

What was Michael Bay doing riding Amtrak?