The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

I don’t really know how those stories got started but I love the idea of a government agency that gives out food and blankets with one hand while it shepherds people into death camps with the other.

The silliest thing about it is pretending like FEMA is competent and organized enough to round up people into camps. They can’t even get a bag of ice to Granath.

It’s because Civil Defense got rolled into FEMA, so they’re responsible for any creepy government preparations for the aftermath of a nuclear war. It’s okay if the militiamen stockpile food and ammunition in their bunkers for the coming apocalypse, but God forbid a government agency does the same thing.

Wtb power. KIf the bai

Should have been kthxbai, can’t figure out how to edit from mobile

Bai has been klfed. Your account has been charged the usual amount.

Frankly I’m a little surprised Trump hasn’t taken credit yet for keeping Jose from coming to America.
rimshot

$200 mil is a drop in the bucket for most developed countries. I would think there has to be a way the U.N. could form a special relief commission for Barbuda, have member countries pitch in cash, supplies and construction equipment, maybe even engineers and architects too, and basically rebuild the island over the next couple of years to much better standards so it could survive another direct hit.

Alrighty then.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT15/refresh/AL152017_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind+png/205956_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Poor PR, DR, and all the other islands out there. They can’t get a break.

Yeah. . . PR honestly got off lucky (except for the massive power grid damage thing) last time around, but this is looking nasty for them. And for the hundreds/thousands of refugees they’ve brought in from surrounding islands that had a worse time of it during Irma, too. . . it’s a shitty situation all around.

Yeah, 160 at present, and unlikelyto weaken significantly before it slams into them.

It slammed into Dominica at that speed last night. That’s where my mother in law and a large number of other in laws live. We haven’t heard from the island since.

We keep hoping some generator powered forms of communications will be back up by tomorrow and loved ones will be OK. But the island had never been dead centre of the path of a Cat 5 before.

This one is another beast. :(

Unfortunately, it’s not looking good there.

Indeed. That’s about the last thing we heard. The president of Trinidad (I think) mentioned they had communications until about 3am before the island went dark.

Now it’s a waiting game.

Ugh. Fingers crossed man. Hope they are ok.

My best friend’s family are in Maunabo, just south of Yabucoa, where the hurricane came aground this morning. No communications all day. She’s losing her mind right now :(