The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

They’re calling for about 5" here over the next 12 hours, which is pretty much unheard of for the area. Panic levels high :)

Is there some easy way to tell where you all are from, so that I can be properly Ooooh-ing and Aaaah-ing?

I’m from Brazil and in my city now it’s sunny, about 30+ C outside. Scattered clouds but no rain forecast for the day. There’s a gentle breeze too, which helps in making the heat a little bit more palatable.

And a certain song is playing inside of @divedivedive 's head right now.

… return, I will, to Old Brazil …

I hope you mean 50 degrees, not 50 inches of snow…

My fire helmet with about 3 pounds of ice on it. Fighting fire in 5 degree weather sucks so much.

SO F’ING COLD!

Stay safe, stay warm!

Woke up today from a message from my coworker.

Work from home today, it’s too damn cold.

It’s 27 degrees, but I mean it is Florida. On the brighter side I finally have proof my sprinklers actually work still. Apparently they went off this morning and all the trees in front of my window have icicles hah.

Any chance all the abnormal weather will make people think?

If it’s “global warming”, why’s it so cold outside, huh? Stupid scientists.

It’s climate change. What a change! The climate was cold yesterday, and it’ll be warm this weekend. Why can’t it make up it’s MIIIIIIIND?

[I refuse to even try to be vaguely serious if we’re not in P&R.]

I caught a cold because I misjudged the temperature swing and was not prepared.

I was looking forward to running today as the temps warmed up, but out here temperature swings of 30d lead to spring. And spring here means wind. Not going to go running in sustained 30mph gust to 50mph, meh. :/

Is there anyone here out in north Georgia or maybe right along the border in North Carolina who can tell me if there’s some way to see snow this weekend? My wife is going on a last minute trip up there with the kids and they really want to see snow. Driving up a mountain is totally fine to accomplish this. They’re going to be ending up pretty much halfway between Chattanooga and Atlanta. I know there is a warming happening this weekend which might ruin all this, but are there any places in the area that stay snowy longer due to elevation or something?

No fake snow. My wife would kill me if I suggested fake snow. We could do that in Orlando. :P

Hopefully someone out there has info for me, I’d really appreciate any help with this.

I checked the forecast for Asheville and Murphy and didn’t see any chance of snow until Sunday night. Temperatures are pretty mild this week, sadly, melting all of the snow we got last week. I also looked at the Mt. Mitchell (highest point east of the Rockies) web cam and didn’t see any snow on it or the adjacent peaks. I’m afraid you are probably out of luck. =(

Darn. Thanks for looking! I didn’t even know where to look.

Also, how appropriate can your username get!? :P

Yeah, the last of the snow is the shadiest, darkest places around me melted today here in central NC. Even in the mountains, I fear another few days of warmer temps are gonna eliminate what’s left. D’oh!

Snow is almost all melted here in Michigan too, so driving north won’t even help find snow.

Snow is melted here in SW Ohio but we got hit with lightning and a bad hail storm tonight. Interrupted my viewing of the Tudors (Natalie Dormer ftw).

Yeah the last two days have been living under a cloud in Chicago as all the snow melted. Driving to my brothers house yesterday and visibility was never more than 1/4 mile. At times down to 1/8.