The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Next tuesday too? MOTHERFUCKER.

Congrats, DeForrest! Such a relief.

Does a tire fire count as weather? Fortunately I’m several miles away. I hope I never find out what it’s like up close.

We had close to 2’ of snow yesterday, on top of the 18" last week with possibly another one on the way next week. Extra bonus with below average temperatures for at least the next week as well.

Here’s a view from behind where I work. Spring in New England, yay?

Back in California we’re hoping for a “March Miracle” to make up for a fairy horrible snow season in the Sierras this year. In the last few weeks there have been some good bouts of storms and snowfall–not enough so far–but more chances are coming this week and hopefully beyond. We were up in Donner Pass last Saturday and the snowfall was pretty amazing. Great to see.

— Alan

How about Nor’easter #4. Gotta love spring!

Most of Eastern PA is shut down.

Even over here in Western PA we’ve had six or seven inches today, although that’s hardly shutdown weather.

Local weather stations predicted doom and gloom, but we still have like 12 hours of snow, so who knows.

I know you guys need drought relief, but it’s very surprising to see someone happy about getting loads of snow in a place notorious for not doing so well when they got lots of snow.

Our snow pack is so terrible this year… we’re just going to burn, burn, and burn this summer.

Ugh, yes. We couldn’t breathe last year thanks to the hundreds of fires in Lane County alone, was kinda hoping we would this year.

So the new normal is just an ice hurricane every week.

Cool. Cool.

Well the Nor’easter turned into a Non’easter here in Western Mass. We didn’t get any snow at all, just a small amount of wind.

Ended up with 13" here near Allentown. Ok old man winter , I have had enough!

Yeah, something like 8-10 inches in Reading if I had to guess, but it’s melting fast today with the 44 degree temps. Spring snows are the best for that.

We had a good spring snow here, too. Someone on the local reddit sub posted a nice set of “coming and going” photos from their drive in to (L) and back from (R) work yesterday:

Interesting factoid. Florida has the best lightning.

The frequency and strength of thunderstorms varies for different geographical locations. The average current passed in a lightning strike is 20,000 amperes, in Florida (USA) the average is over 45,000 amperes per lightning strike. Researchers believed this is due to the hot and wet conditions in Florida (USA) being ideal for creating tall and highly charged storm cloud formations.

Or god keeps missing. A frustrated deity.

“Be a sky god they said. Smite your enemies they said. Sink damn you! Blast these useless bolts!”

Why the hell is it 92 degrees out in Boston in early May?

All right, 4 hours without power now here in Toronto, Friday night, due to 100km/h wind today. Haven’t had a real power outage in years… the novelty wears off fast. Many shingles pulled off the roof and it is supposed to rain on Sunday.

Anyone else in the GTA?