The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Storm hit Long Island by surprise - we went from no snow predicted to 4" only an hour before it hit. As a result no roads were pre-treated and the heavy snow was compacted on to the roads making it impossible for plows to properly clear. If the roads had been pre-treated, this would have been a non-event - instead it was a rush hour disaster that we haven’t seen the likes of in years.

Of course you can. They tell you to do that in competitions all the time… but I meant nephew.

Yeah they did minimal pre-treatment here also. Roads are still caked in spots, the plow just went down the street I live on, 2 hours after the snow stopped.

Even here in West Michigan the snow hit us at rush hour today. Normally an inch or two at 5:30 wouldn’t be more than a slight slowdown, but it was bad today. Too early in the year, no preparation.

We had about 5 inches here in Connecticut. I left work late and managed to make it up to my street but my car got stuck on the corner. Thankfully the plow came an hour later and I was able to follow his trail.

My mom emailed me that she got snow in Little Rock, and even the town I’m from in Louisiana got a dusting. They must be wondering who they pissed off down there.

Not much snow here in Pittsburgh, but enough ice to make it a dreaded reverse snow day—the power was out at home, so I had no real choice but to go into the office.

Sudden snowstorms causing gridlock in the east while 600+ missing and 60+ confirmed dead as California burns. Feels like the end times!

It’s very early for snow in the east, and it’s very late to not see rain in the west. Climate change, man. It’s a bitch.

Indeed, the one main roads here in north east PA is I-78 , portions of it were still shut down today as of 8am, 17 hours after the jam started.

Replies to P&R pls

This!!! Europeans are lucky with their milder climates.

You aren’t imagining it. 40 years ago as a kid I remember being able to go sledding for weeks at a time. Now you have to rush and take your kids the minute it snows because you may not get another chance.

@ArmandoPenblade how’s the snow?

It was real pretty yesterday when it was about five or six inches in this area. Then it rained and sleeted on top of it for 20 hours. Then it snowed again for about three or four hours this morning…

Tbh here in the central part of the state, it’s not super bad. I mean shitty to drive on, but out west some areas got 2-3x as much snowfall!

Yesterday morning:

Today:

Thanks, looks pretty manageable. The national news is painting it as a snowpocalypse, but I guess that’s west of you.

I mean any amount of snow or ice is pretty bad for NC; we just don’t have the infrastructure to handle it smoothly. Lots of major roads were ice sheets this morning per the few friends who tried to venture out. But yeah, the western part of the state just got utterly wallopped by this thing.

Luckily, although it’s going to snow / sleet / rain all day today and be below freezing all night long, it’ll be sunny and in the 40s tomorrow, at it’ll all by gone by midweek.

The grocery stores were absolutely nuts at the end of the week last week, though, hah :-(

Additionally, there’s this:

Just me? Or does the weiner look too big for the bun?

It’s not the wurst.