The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that…

Some local residents are loving it, I hear.

This really depends on where you are. When snow sticks here on our valley floor, everything shuts down and everyone stays home. If it sticks around for more than a couple of days and both passes are closed, we’ll run out of hotel space and everything sort of becomes chaos… that’s just a few inches.

My sister’s area can handle feet of snow so long as it calmly comes down otherwise their ransacked stores make the news.

I don’t even own a snow shovel.

That’s what she said!

Shattered the annual precipitation record here in DC. Things are falling apart, the center ain’t holding.

Old Town Alexandria’s gonna be underwater soon.

Aye, kinda done with rain. Bleh.

Warmer, wetter Washington. So it’s getting more swampy?

Today it’s 63F raining and very foggy outside on the first day of winter here in the north east.

This was back on November 15th:

Nope no climate change going on.

And everyone just about everywhere is sick now.

It seems worse this year. I probably say it every year but it does seem like everyone I know is sick, on the phone and locally.

Yeah, I got the crud this year bad enough that I went to the doctor over it, which is rare for me. They said it’s been non-stop this year here in West Michigan, mostly gastrointestinal stuff. Which I suppose is better than a flu epidemic, but that’s not saying much.

Winter has finally come to the north east (PA)!

Local forecasts show 1-3" for tonight and then on Sat/Sun anywhere from 6-10" and up to 1.5" of ice after the snow stops.

Ew. I’m sorry.

I have memories of removing ice from the ground in flat wide chunks, like peanut brittle.

Was it as tasty?

I’m coastal Maine, and this storm is supposed to be dumping 12-18 on us. My parents are further inland and are forecast for 18-24. Ugh. Primarily hoping we don’t lose power… we keep talking about getting a generator, but still haven’t gotten around to doing it. It somehow seems less of a priority until we, y’know, lose power.

We just had a ton of rain here in Los Angeles.

RAIN, you guys! It was horrible.

;)

We’re actually lucky in that there weren’t any serious mudslides from the recent fires. Whew.

We are supposed to see that storm front move in around 5:00PM Saturday night. Thing is, our air temps have been slightly above freezing for the past few days, and our ground temps a couple of degrees above that. So the local forecasters are all saying “we’ll see rain, freezing rain, ice and snow!”, but none of them really know what is going to happen. It’s always like this here, where we seem to perpetually be on the border of “oh, it’s raining again” and “SnOMG!!!”.

I’m not really complaining, as I hate snow, but when it finally does ice over and/or snow, people in this city turn into absolute morons, like they’ve never seen (or driven in) snow before, despite the fact that we see it at least 3 or 4 times a year, every year.

I changed tomorrow’s plans to tonight just in case. I’ll probably turn into a big fat nothing now. I guess we’ll see? I’m right near the line where it could be 2-6 or 6-10.