The Mother 'Effin WEATHER Thread

Round 1 hit last night, we got a dusting to 1 inch of snow… Stores in my area are like this now:

I’m headed out tonight and may stop at a grocery store. I expect to have to throw some 'bows.

We’re only getting 6-9" here over 24 hours. Meh.

Yeah it was a big miss here in my part of PA, got maybe 3 inches and some rain.
Made it heavy to clean up though.

But way better than 8-12" and ice that was predicted.

Troy, N.Y. I have about 2 feet of new snow in my yard.

Ah the blessing of snow, enjoy! :)

We got zip! The weathermen did a great job scaring the shelves empty at the grocery stores though.

Everything here (north east) looks like it got hit with the Mr freeze ice blaster weapon!

Took the first one last night while taking the dogs out before bed, the second one is from this morning. Sorry if the formatting is off, doing this from mobile as power and cable are out.

We just got bitter cold and nasty wind gusts here in DC. Those pics look both beautiful and potentially horrific.

Aren’t you in Columbus? How did you escape with nothing?

Here in Cincy it came a little later than predicted, starting around 9:00PM Saturday night. Winds were 35-40 mph and snow was pretty heavy for a couple of hours, making it look like an Antarctic blizzard outside. We got 3"-4" of snow by the time it ended around 1:00AM or so, with a thin layer of ice underneath. It was a good night to be home and on the couch watching TV (my son and I watched Interstellar, which I’d never seen before).

Things were mostly cleaned up by mid-afternoon yesterday, but it’s like 5 degrees with the wind chill today. Tomorrow is supposed to be 40, and the same on Wednesday, which means everything will be melted and we’ll be ready for the next round predicted this coming weekend.

I just need it to be above freezing two weekends from now when I’m supposed to drive the 2+ hours to Muncie, Indiana. That drive is annoying enough on a sunny day.

Reading, PA. I don’t think I’d live in Ohio. :)

Or PA, anyway ;)

Driving west on I-76, it’s free to go from PA to Ohio, but costs $7 to get back in. I rest my case. :P

One does not "leave"Ohio, one ESCAPES Ohio.

I believe this is correct, a friend of mine told me that the Wright Brothers specifically invented the aeroplane to leave Ohio.

Accurate.

Let’s not pretend Ohio is less shitty than PA. It’s just a different type of shitty.

Just be glad y’all aren’t New Jersey.

PA is wonderful, every time I drive anywhere the potholes remind me. :)